3. Crown Princess
We chose this cruise because we liked the itinerary. The ports were fantastic! We did not use any princess excursions. I found independent tour companies on line. I highly recommend Butler's in Ireland, Uniquely Scotland (ask for Mark) and Spearhead tours at Le Havre (Florin is incredibly knowledgeable about D Day) . The time on the ship was disappointing. Crown Princess looked old and shabby. There was no drink served when we got on the ship. No towel animals on the bed at night. The activities on board were repetitive and not exciting. Even the entertainment was so-so. Nothing was terrible, but nothing stellar either. Food in the main dining room was hit or miss. Some meals were wonderful others not good at all. The buffet was awful. We worked hard to not eat there since it was so bad. We had one dinner at the Crown Grill which again was just OK. The one excellent thing on the ship was the staff. Our cabin steward Norman was awesome! Our waiter, JP, was excellent when we ate at our assigned time. The nights we had to go to anytime dining the staff was not great. It tended to be slow. In conclusion, our cruise was not bad. However I have been on better cruises on other lines.

Family vacation

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Dorieo

Dorieo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Cabin A338
Cabin was a good size for 3 adults. Plenty of space for our things. The balcony was nice although we didn't use it as much as we thought we would. Our cabin steward, Norman, was fantastic! My 23 year old daughter did not like sleeping in a top bunk and moved her mattress onto the floor. The next night he had a roll away in the room for her without being asked. He also had a bucket of ice waiting for me each night.
  Crown Princess Deck Plans