3. AmaDouro
I close this as a contrast to the huge ocean-going ships I had been used to. This was a new riverboat with a maximum of about 100 passengers. My cabin - hardly a stateroom - was on the lowest deck, and not large, but perfect for one, although a bit cramped for two. Nonetheless, it was well designed, with a small but excellent bathroom. The window was certainly not panoramic, but I spent time in the spacious public areas. The cabin lighting and air conditioning were fine, and I have any need of the good-sized television. The excursions were very well-chosen and the transportation extremely comfortable, passing through some beautiful scenery. Alcoholic drinks were limitless during meals, and the daily happy hour for cocktails. Breakfast and lunch were mainly buffet style, and dinner was a little more formal with a well-varied menu, the offerings on which were of variable quality. The evening entertainment was generally good. I really enjoyed me trip up the Douro, and hope to travel again with same company.

Small and intimate

AmaDouro Cruise Review by JWTfromBATH

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with Panoramic Window

The evening entertainment was generally good.

AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear KWTfromBATH, Thank you for joining us for the first time on board the AmaDouro. While we are disappointed your stateroom did not meet your expectations, we are so delighted to hear you enjoyed the rest of your journey with us; including the entertainment, culinary options, and excursions. We strive to create an unforgettable experience for all our guests, and we look forward to welcoming you back on board soon! We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. From all of us at AmaWaterways
JWTfromBATH’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaDouro price drops

Outside Stateroom with Panoramic Window
Cabin D 103
This was perfect for one, but might be a little small for two, in that although hanging space wit clothes was adequate, there was not much shelving. The small bathroom was excellent as were the lighting and air conditioning. Small window and big television, but I spent very little time there.
Douro Deck Outside Cabins