3. Scenic Amber
Essentially took this tour with another couple who where wanting to celebrate their 30th Wedding Anniversary. Despite the fact our airplane arrived well over an hour late in Prague the very approachable Scenic representative was their to greet us and take us to the local hotel. Likewise for the balance of the trip all the services from presentations by the Cruise Director, departure for excursions to opening of the restaurants were completely on time and very timely. The Chef on our cruise provided an excellent array of culinary delights both on the buffet and a la carte services. The cut on everything from slices meats to vegetables and dessert items was flawless. I inquired with the Chef who frequently made table checks about the "secrets" about a "Clear Tomato" that was being served for lunch. Chef Broccoli was most generous and provided a recipe for this exceptional soup. The effort put in by the entire staff of our trip was 110%. They worked well as a team and professional ignored the occasional unthinking and too casual guest. My only concern would be that the dining room was a slight bit noisy and congested and that for "older" folks (70 +) might find it tiring after more than a week. Likewise the rooms will be a tad small for those on the "heavier or tall" side. The Tailormade Scenic software very innovative and highly effective. I only recently have been using a smart phone but found it enhanced the trip. The system was occasionally nonfunctional when listening to the tour guides in large congested areas. However the information and pictures while sailing down the picturesque Danube River very complementary. Did find the survey questionare at the end of the tour rather long and time consuming. I thought it might take 20 minutes to complete but it had so many questions that I ran out of time and had to omit the last quarter of the survey. Cabin balcony excellent. Really liked the size, the glass, even the comfortable chairs.

Delightful Slightseeing and Service

Scenic Amber Cruise Review by Mark Beckett

Mark Beckett’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Amber price drops

As mentioned above. I am 175 cm tall and had no real problem but after about a week found the space a little confining. The table we had was very useful and was used a lot but something a slight bit bigger would have been better. Somewhat tedious to store bags under the bed.

• Budapest
    Excellent Guide. Personally found this was an excellent way to begin my first visit to Budapest since we saw so many city landmarks. The guide provided so many general characterists of the city and about life in Hungary. My only concern is that it might be too long a walk for those older than 70 or who don't walk more than 2 -3 km a week. For me the trip was excellent but it was 30 + degrees and felt 35 or more and so was a little thirsty at the end. There where several others signed up for the trip but the heat on day caused them to drop out before the start. It was probably a good thing since they seemed a little frail. Puzzled why they signed up since the discription was exactly what was provided. A walk 9 km over 3 hours.
    View All 12,802 Budapest Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Budapest Cruise Port Review
  • Nuremberg
    Guide was perhaps a slight bit inexperienced. We got caught crossing the stree when the light change. Several times his microphone slipped out of range and he could not be heard. To uninformed like myself the political history talks seemed rather long.
    View All 522 Nuremberg Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nuremberg Cruise Port Review
  • Schonbrunn Palace
    Excellent guide. Very knowledgeable and spoke clearly. Handled the large group very easily.
    View All 152 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews