3. Jewel of the Seas
About us- cruise is our choice when traveling. Love to be on the sea and visit different destinations daily! We have been on 20+cruises. We like aft balconies, good food and wine. We do not really frequent shows. First and foremost we had a wonderful trip- these are some details pros and cons. I read alot of reviews when i am planning a trip and i hope my details help you. We chose this trip because of the itinerary- how can you beat Rome and the Greek Islands. This was also our 35th wedding anniversary. We are platinum status on RCL. We flew TAP airline- love them used them 2 years ago to Barcelona as well !!! Car service to and from airport to hotel- Italy Private Excusions- prompt, polite- great job- they were recommend from Rome in Limo as they were already booked Pre and post hotel- Hotel Barocco -love this boutique hotel. Great service, lovely room, the best breakfast and sweet cappuccino. I could not wait to get back there post cruise for coffee. Upgraded our room and left beautiful wine and fruit. We were leaving at 3:30 am to come home and they offered a box breakfast to go- so sweet and great location. Ship- Ship is small, which is fine if you are not looking for all the bells and whistles of the larger ships. We had no issue with the size. Pool area- solarium pool had children in it. Staff- all super friendly working hard- great job Food- No please do not misunderstand- we did not go hungry. But the food in the dining room has declined. I requested a garden salad in the dining room and was told that Cesar salad was the only choice. Fish was over cooked and dry. Meats were over salted and tough. The hours of the dining room would change depending on port leaving long lines even for folks who had reservations- just not customer friendly. Bread and croutons were stale. Specialty dining was a step better- but not much. Scallop potatoes dry and over cooked- nothing seemed fresh. We went to both Chops and Giovanni's- Giovanni is lovely- i really wanted to like it but the food was so salty. The pasta was gummy. Deserts were mushy and tasteless. Windjammer was decent- liked the grab and go egg sandwiches on port days and the choices were plentiful. Sushi Class- What a great event! i had read a review of this before we left and decided to do it. 35.00 per person - but you get huge amounts of delicious sushi. This was not a demo you actually make the sushi and feel like you can do at home for family and friends. If you like sushi this is really fun. Bar service- we did have drink package- purchased on a special and found we probably lost money on it but enjoyed the freedom of not thinking about it. Bar service was good, drinks were good and the bartenders friendly and made suggestions to try new drinks. We particularly enjoyed the bartenders at Schooner bar after dinner. Vintages the wine bar was my favorite where Angeline the sommelier there was a delight to talk to about wine and travel. Ports- Santorini- Book the shore excursion Oia on your own!!!! I never book ship excursions but this gets you off the ship and to Santorini efficiently. Santorini is not easy to get in and out of. We used our SBC to buy it. We went to Oia and i got my photos (bucket list). We then went to Santos winery and did huge wine tasting with incredible views. left around 7:30 pm short line to the tram. I didn't even see donkeys. It is hot bring a hat! Mykonos- St James Beach Club-until 1:00 pm then back to town and walked around saw the windmills and had a late lunch right there overlooking the water. - Kazarma had wine and sandwiches and just relaxed. Very nice day. Athens- we hired Georges Taxi for the day- did this ahead of time and well worth 220 E for both for the day - we saw EVERYTHING. Ask for Kostas as your driver he is the best! He gave us so much information in the air conditioned car that we knew what we were looking at while out in hot sun. We saw Acropolis, changing of the guard, ancient agora, Olympic stadium, wonderful authentic lunch at a taverna, In the afternoon we visited the national museum- I asked Kostas for sweets and he brought us to a bakery with amazing baklava. Just a fantastic day- he wa the best. Katakolon- charming fishing village- walked around and shopped a little. Pre cruise- did a food tour with Rome Food Tours- wonderful guide, lots of walking and a nice selection of food. Post cruise- back to hotel Barocco and then toured the forum and coliseum. Feel free to ask me questions.

Jewel needs some polish

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Chris

We flew TAP airline- love them used them 2 years ago to Barcelona as well !!!

Staff- all super friendly working hard- great job

Ports-

Katakolon- charming fishing village- walked around and shopped a little.

Post cruise- back to hotel Barocco and then toured the forum and coliseum.

Feel free to ask me questions.
Chris’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1D 9260
Stateroom- aft balcony- great balcony had two loungers and table with two chairs. The furniture was in poor repair- the front facing of the drawer actually feel off into my hands. Wood worn, couch slouch and stained.
Typical bathroom. Bed was firm and OK.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins