3. MSC Seaview
I am currently on this cruise with my husband, taking a break from the heat in Corsica. I wanted to write a review because I'd seen negative reviews online and I am just baffled as to how people would have any negative comments about this ship.. it is absolutely stunning to look at, the most beautiful design in all bars and public spaces, plenty of seating areas everywhere, it's spotlessly clean and while we have only eaten in the Marketplace (buffet), and will continue to do so rather than use the dining room, the food is really good. We have been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises before so were a bit wary about trying MSC after hearing that they weren't quite up to the same standards but we both decided on day 1 of this cruise that we would never bother with RC again. We are Irish so we are European but obviously we have a very different culture from continental Europeans, and essentially, I believe lot of reviewers are finding fault with the different food and the guests (I've read a lot of complaints about people not queuing for food) yes, there is a bit of shuffling around at the buffet and yes, the food is slightly more Italian, with pizza and pasta always available but a) they are really tasty dishes that are eaten all around the world, and b) a buffet is always going to be a bit chaotic so if that's the height of your problems, consider yourself a lucky person!! Our room was ready fairly early and our luggage was there before we even got there, so it was great to shower and unpack so soon. Our room has a shower-over-bath, it's not a great shower: low water pressure and the shower head is fairly low on the wall, so anyone talk might find it very difficult to use! There are a good few families on this cruise, kids tend to be still in the main areas quite late at night but I don't find it a problem. The lifts, as many others have complained about, are a bit annoying, according to my husband who uses them more than I do, but there are lifts close to our room that operate as standard, rather than the unusual ones throughout the ship. Again, I feel that for people to be complaining about such things is just being overly picky. Embarking could have gone a bit smoother, the staff in charge of crowd control didn't do a good job and while people were given a card with a number on it, it wasn't clear that they were supposed to sit and wait for the number to be called, so some people waited longer than others to embark, which isn't a big deal, but obviously many people are tired from travelling to the port so it can be frustrating. Not a major problem though. The overall experience of this ship is phenomenal in our opinion.. lots of really beautiful bars, lots of good food, friendly staff and magnificent surroundings. Surely that's what holidays are all about!

Beautiful ship

newlywed40’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaview price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 13239
Quite a big room, relatively speaking. The wardrobe is small, as others have outlined, but the storage space is perfectly adequate for 1 weeks packing.
Aegean Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins