3. Koningsdam
We had previously done a cruise with HA in 2015 and it was amazing. We thought we would receive the same service this time when we chose a 23 day Mediterranean Cruise. The good points; Amazing staff and so happy to greet you each day Great ship, reasonably clean Great Captain Some entertainment was ok but repeated their shows quite often which were the same Great selection of food at the Lido Really well organised embarkation and disembarkation Well organised shore excursions The bad points; Our second trip did give us a $150 credit but talking to new comers they were given more eg a cheap drinks package and a free meal at the Pinnacle etc No water in cabin, no fruit Our biggest gripe is 15% surcharge on WATER, really, 6 one litre bottles cost us $24 plus the surcharge which amounted to around $27 American dollars. In Australian dollars around $42. That is disgusting. 15%surcharge on all drinks, I can understand in a dining room or being waited on but when you buy your own, disgraceful. We were 55minutes outside Spain and I was charged 15% surcharge on a drink that I purchased then another 15% Spain surcharge so that glass of wine cost $26 American dollars Wine waiters trying to sell alcohol constantly The dining room food was very ordinary and the desserts were awful. We walked by ? the Lido and the same desserts were being served there. Really. The Pinnacle was a let down, it has dropped its standard of high quality. I had previously told friends and recommended this Dining Room The excursions were quite expensive and a couple were not worth the time or the money. HA need to clarify their rules on bringing alcohol on board. We were told we could bring 2 bottles of wine on board which we did. People next to us tried this and it was confiscated, so clarification is needed. Would I recommend this ship, probably not. I would certainly tell them of our experience and let them decide. Would we use HA again, no, it is all about the money and how much they can take off you. People save hard for a cruise and one hopes for a great time but unfortunately the hidden costs is bitter.

A great disappointment

Koningsdam Cruise Review by Blackall

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Signature Suite with Verandah

The good points;

Amazing staff and so happy to greet you each day

Great ship, reasonably clean

Great Captain

Great selection of food at the Lido

Really well organised embarkation and disembarkation

Well organised shore excursions

The bad points;

No water in cabin, no fruit

Our biggest gripe is

Wine waiters trying to sell alcohol constantly

Blackall’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Signature Suite with Verandah
Cabin SS 6067
Cabin in was big enough for two. The cleaners were lovely fellows and did the best they could.
Schubert Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins