3. Celebrity Summit
My husband surprised me with a Bermuda cruise to celebrate my birthday. It was a wonderful gift, in that we had the best time. Our past few cruises have been with Viking Ocean. We have not sailed with Celebrity for the past 9 years. We were so pleased that Celebrity had as high standards as Viking and in some categories surpassed our Viking experience. We stayed in a suite and experienced all the wonderful amenities that went with it. Our embarkation was effortless and we were on the ship in a matter of minutes. Our stateroom was ready for us and we were greeted with a bottle of champagne. Our butler was excellent and took care of all our needs during the week. Our cabin was a very nice size, and our balcony not only had a table and chairs, but also a chaise lounge. What a nice treat to daily find an afternoon snack in our cabin, such as shrimp, a cheese platter, fruit platter, etc. We enjoyed dining in the suite restaurant, Luminae. The food and service were excellent all throughout the week. I was even gifted with a delicious birthday cake. One evening we dined at the specialty restaurant, Tuscan Grill. It was one of the best Italian restaurants we had ever dined at. We also enjoyed the Japanese restaurant, Sushi on 5. We enjoyed the many activities that the ship had throughout the day and night We enjoyed the evening shows and particularly had a good time at the Silent Disco. The social directors worked hard to see that everyone had a good time. Captain Matt was on his first sailing as captain and was very involved with all the passengers. As suite passengers we enjoyed the tour of the bridge. We loved our stay in Bermuda. We did a snorkel tour sponsored by Celebrity and enjoyed it. The rest of our activities were done independently. I would recommend using the 7 dollar beach shuttle to Horseshoe Bay, rather than book through the ship.I also would be sure to check the ferry schedule to Hamilton to avoid wasting time. We enjoyed an evening catamaran excursion. On the ship, we enjoyed the Retreat sun deck. There was a comfortable whirl pool, attentive bar staff and quiet atmosphere. Our disembarkation went smoothly. We waited a short time in the Retreat lounge. We were then escorted off the ship to our luggage and went through customs. We were ready to leave in a matter of minutes. To summarize, I would definitely recommend Celebrity, especially the Suite category. I had the most amazing birthday celebration.

Wonderful Birthday Experience

DSD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Sky Suite 1
Cabin S1 6126
We had a nice sized cabin, that was kept immaculate all week. My criticism was that the bath tub was very high, It was difficult to get into and out of the tub.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran Cruise
    It was a wonderful way to spend an evening. The boat's crew was great and rum swizzles were served all evening. The scenery was amazing.
    View All 95 Catamaran Cruise Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    We had an enjoyable morning in a beautiful cove swimming and snorkeling. A rum swizzle was given on the way back to shore.
    View All 103 Snorkeling Reviews