3. Celebrity Silhouette
Let me start by saying that we booked this cruise last minute due to a bereavement, we had initially been looking at Indepence of the seas but weren't able to get a space as we left it too late, so thought we would try Celebrity. We werent disappointed. We knew we were booking in school hols, we knew it would likely be busy, there would be queues, lack of loungers, perhaps the odd feral kid here and there. We werent phased by this as we had previously been during this time with royal Caribbean and experienced all of the above and still had a great time. First impressions of the ship were great. I felt it was very classy, spotlessly clean, friendly and polite staff. I found the layout a little strange as I had maybe expected the central atrium to be a little larger. We were in cabin 6303 and 6301, cabin was more than adequate, very spacious and great balcony. The curtains I hope will be replaced during the refurb as there were a few little holes in them, nothing major. Our cabin attendant Frazer couldn't do enough for us, we learnt he had been working with celebrity for 20 years. We had an issue with flooding in one of the cabins one day, a quick phone call and an engineer was there within minutes and issue sorted. Our cabin was quiet, and in a great area for us. The balcony was obstructed, we were told this in advance and advised that the obstruction was that we would not be able to ,oom directly down to the sea but could look out, it was absolutely fine. During to the late booking we were assigned dining time of 8.30, we had a table of 4 which was fine, our servers were great, our assistant waiter Martin was so very lovely, always had a smile. The food was hands down better than Royal, although there were a couple of meals that came out lukewarm. We didn't do any specialty restaurants, though they all looked good, we werent give the hard sell either. Entertainment I felt was a little lacking, there were some really good shows, most of these provided by silhouettes own singers and dancers, some of the third entertainment was awful. We particularly enjoyed the hypnotist, but wondered why he wasn't put on in the evening? The second comedian should give up, he wasn't funny and i cringed the whole way through his act, the funniest thing abou him, was watching him run up the gangplank and almost missing the ship. Whilst cruise director was very visible-I dont think the lady stops working! - I would like to see more variety as I felt there was too many singing acts on. Our daughter was cruising with us, this being her 6th cruise, and being 15 years of age, she knows how to behave and how we expect her to behave. After a horrendous experience last year on Royal we were apprehensive as was she, as to whether she would make friends and have a good time. We didn't need to worry, she made a lovely group of friends, one girl in particular. The youth counsellors seemed to organise lots of activities, and our daughter had a great time, she wasnnt roaming round the ship at all hours, she had a curfew of midnight and was generally in before this each night, if she wasn't with us, I knew where she was each night. I do know there were lots of kids onboard, but we honestly never experienced any of the bad goings on that others saw, obviously we struck lucky. I would be mortified if my daughter behaved as I've heard others did. All in all we enjoyed our cruise, so much so we booked again for next year- though not in school hols!!

We had an amazing time!

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by hannahsmummy1

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)

hannahsmummy1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6303
Great cabin, spotlessly clean, though a little tired in places. Would stay in same location again.
Continental Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins