3. Carnival Liberty
Just to put a few things in context- We are a family from the UK and have only ever done a 2 day mini cruise on Britannia. I'd call us pretty low maintenance! We wanted a short cruise just to break up the Orlando parks and generally to see if we like cruising. Lets be honest that Carnival is the cheapest option for this kind of trip. A 4 day trip with RC would have been almost $900 more!! Over the last few months we were really concerned about the huge number of bad reviews and we seriously considered cancelling! I am so glad we didn't. We had a blast!! I noticed that many bad reviews started "this is our 8th cruise......" or "we wanted a last minute chilled out break.....". If that's the case then this cruise isn't for you (hence the title - do your research!). Its a mini cruise for first timers and extended families who want to eat and drink all day. Embarkation was a breeze. We were on the ship in half an hour. Parked easily on the car park, which was much quieter than I expected. We had an Ocean suite forward. Great location near the lift and stairs. Cabin was great. Good size and very helpful steward - Sherwin! In contrary to many other reviews - absolutely no smell in the room or corridors. Also fairly quiet since this is a busy 'party ship'. Pools very busy but no real issue with sunbeds. Its a party atmosphere. Bars are busy because everyone wants cocktails. I'd suggest a separate bottle bar for beers. Costs are about $6.50 for a beer and $9 for wine / cocktail. Movies or parties every night on the Lido deck. One issue - no bins for waste food. Therefore people leaving uneaten burgers and pizza everywhere and not enough staff to clear them up quickly. Food - Fantastic apart from the buffet. Constantly crowded. I mean all of the time. Just never lets up. Don't think we'll go for a late breakfast and miss the queues. You won't it will still be hammered with people ordering 5 omelettes. We had anytime dining in the Golden Olympic Restaurant. Great food, great staff, quick drinks! Staff are really outstanding. Nothing too much trouble. They always remember your name. Bars - apart from the busy tequila and rum bars, they were great, quick service reasonable prices. Loved the sports bar and lobby bar (where I stormed the rock music quiz!) We really enjoyed the entertainment which was a film based musical and rock show. Only 45 mins but did the trick. OK if you've cruised 8 times and seen Cirque du Soleil on RC you'll be disappointed, but we loved it. Our daughter used the kids club a couple of times and loved it. It allowed us to use the adults only deck. This was OK, just a sun deck, bar and hot tubs without any kids. The cruise was effortless ad you couldn't tell you were moving. But I think this ship moves slowly as we we quickly overtaken by other ship. Nassau was great. Very easy to get off the ship and you're right next to everything. Freeport less so. Not much to do. NoNo the cruise Director is great. She puts the hours in!! This has got us hooked and we're already looking for next year. This is only not a 5 Star review because of the constantly busy buffet and no bins for uneaten food.

Do you research and don't believe all the bad reviews. We had a great time!!

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Jaz52002

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

NoNo the cruise Director is great. She puts the hours in!!

Jaz52002’s Full Rating Summary