• Newsletter

kluv2cruz
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Sep 2004
Cabin:

Hello all - 2 day mini cruise was wonderful, although fraught with mini delays. They couldn't dock in time because there was apparently a one man native fisher protest - he strung his nets across the Seattle docking berth so the ship couldn't get into port. So, this delayed us getting on the ship - there was a huge lineup, but in the end, we only waited about 1 hour (we arrived around 12:30). We just didn't know why we were having to wait which is always frustrating. Same thing happened when we went to leave that night, we couldn't get out because the nets were there again - finally left about an hour late. This then bumped the show times... No worries, we were on holidays! Then on the final morning, they couldn't dock the boat in Vancouver - something to do with the little rubber things that stop the boat from banging against the wharf... We were about 2 hours late getting off. No worries, we had no plane to catch, only a ferry to get back to Victoria (where we had spent a delicious day wandering aimlessly around like tourists the day before).

Oh - for future reference, unless you're with young (walking vs strollering) kids, or you have walking difficulties, don't take the shuttle bus into Victoria. We walked into town along the waterfront walkway and it is beautiful. You miss so much sitting on a shuttle bus (including money out of your pocket). When we walked back, we went through Beacon Hill park and came back along the Dallas Rd. walkway (which is the other direction from what we did in the a.m. heading to town). It is all waterfront & spectacular (even if I do live here!!)

But, the lining up waiting thing did repeat itself several times over the weekend. The worst was the buffet food area which always had UGLY lineups - I had read several reviews saying the same thing - its a bottle neck. I never am happy when I have to do the buffet thing anyway so I start my whining on the way there, but when I saw the lineup, that really got me going. When we first got on, that was the only food option, and the next morning we "slept in" (until 8:00) and I think the restaurant option closed at 8:30 so we missed that. Bummer - buffet again - UGH. But, both dinners we had PC.

Cabin i/s