3. Celebrity Silhouette
We don’t normally cruise during school holidays but did so after making a fairly late booking following the lifting of travel restrictions for my wife following a medical condition. I have to say, we won’t be booking in school holidays again. The ship was very crowded with I believe record numbers on board and it did have a detrimental effect in some areas, especially if you wanted a sunbed, and you didn’t mind being packed like sardines. Contrary to some reviews, we didn’t experience any problems with the youngsters except for the odd shenanagins with the lifts, if fact the ones we spoke to were very polite. We found the food onboard perfectly fine, with a huge selection in the buffet. The main dining room was ok, the portions were not too big, but you could always ask for more. We found drinks very expensive, but luckily for us we had an inclusive drinks package with our booking which saved us money big time. Entertainment was hit & miss, they had some good comedians, Jon Courtney being the highlight, but they had a truly dreadful one, I think he had come straight from the Apollo Theatre, and one of a long line of unfunny comedians of that ilk. Excursions were truly expensive, our advice is to do your own thing, you will save pounds. As for the shuttle prices, they really are a rip off. Having said all that, we enjoyed our cruise, our cabin was fine and the staff are brilliant. Embarkation and disembarkation are the best we have encountered on any cruise line. We will sail with Celebrity again but out of school holidays.

Enjoyable Cruise