3. Norwegian Sun
I was worried about this cruise from all of the negative reviews, but after taking it I have no idea what any of the negative reviewers are talking about. The ship itself was great. It was well laid out, didn't feel crowded, and the recent update really shows. The only issue is some areas were a little hot, but nothing major. The service was great, and everybody was very friendly. The wait times at the restaurants were minimal, except for the night we went at 5:30. Go at 6:30 and you won't wait more than 10 minutes for either course. The food itself was good at both complimentary restaurants. Some interesting choices for appetizers, but you can try as many as you like. I'd compare the quality of the food to a Cheesecake factory, not perfect but perfectly good. The buffet was small but there was always something good, and the crowds didn't seem bad if you're not there right at sail away. Check out the Outdoors Cafe for a more limited menu, and it's never crowded. The wings at the Sports Bar (open until 3 am) were great too, although service here is a bit slow late at night. The bars were plentiful, and other than the pool bar you won't really find a wait. I don't know why people have complained about this in other reviews, but maybe where they're from the bartenders have a drink waiting for them before they sit down? At all the bars I visited on the ship (all of them, multiple times) I was asked what I wanted to drink within a couple minutes after sitting down. The entertainment was good, in that it was all pretty enjoyable. If you're looking for a big Broadway style show, this ship isn't for you. However, the musicians they placed around the ship were all talented, and it seemed like there was always someone playing. The casino wasn't too crowded or smoky, but the machines were stingy af but you have to expect that on a cruise. Overall, I think it was a great, clean ship. It's older so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but a lot of people like that. I think the negative reviews come from people who tend to look for things to complain about. There was a few of these on the cruise itself, but very few.

Great Cruise, the negative reviews are very suspect.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by chrisSLC

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

chrisSLC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9025
Clean, well appointed, and clearly recently updated. The balcony was twice the size of those on the Breakaway. The bathroom and shower are a little small, but I'm a big dude and it wasn't a problem even for me.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins