3. Norwegian Breakaway
Our Anniversary cruise. Had a horrible experience with the hotel staff. Had unruly teens in the room next to us. Wrestling and bouncing off the walls. Swearing and screaming on the balcony. Every day all hours. My wife could not sleep. I could not nap and was forced out of the room due to noise. Racing up and down the halls. Staff could not get them under control. We called or visited the service desk at least 8 times on this issue. At one point my wife and I left the room and the kids were in the hall. They heckled us and yelled at us. I truly felt threatened. I went directly to the service desk and qas told they could not control the situation. I asked one more time whether they intended to do something and the girl at the desk refused. We were so afraid of retaliation on the last night my wife stayed in the room until our luggage was picked up so those kids could not vandalize it, losing her last night on the ship. Now the cruise staff, entertainment, housekeeping and food were stellar! We have cruised many many times on RCL and these items were soo much better. Unfortunate that the Hotel staff let a bunch of teens traumatize us. I have a NCL cruise booked for 2021 and was considering another in 2020. I may cancel NCL to go where we feel safe.

Should have been an 11!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sailor42

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom
Our Anniversary cruise.

We called or visited the service desk at least 8 times on this issue.

sailor42’s Full Rating Summary