We have been to Tahiti in the past, but never taken a cruise. We decided to give it a try so we could experience several islands and excursions in a short amount of time, without having to worry about accommodations or dining. There were 8 of us in our group ranging from 8 to 82 years old.
Overall, the ports of call, excursions, crew service, food and cabin were superb. We loved the fact that it was a small cruise (300+ passengers) because everything was more personal.
- The food was top notch. Good breakfast and lunch selection and very good dinner selections. The waiters were very attentive.
- The cabin was comfortable and nice, but the extras (food, cleanliness, special requests, etc) made it special.
- The excursions were entertaining and varied; scuba departing from the on-ship marina was a very nice touch.
Room for Improvement
- It was somewhat of a hassle having to stay in a hotel a day before departure and during the day of disembarkation. In addition, it wasn't clear what kind of food was included at the hotel; the food was just OK and expensive.
- The pool is definitely small and it more for show than actual usage.
- The online excursion reservation system was fine, but make sure you do it before the cutoff date.
- The entertainment was adequate, but having the same band for "everything" during the cruise got a little tiring.
We enjoyed immensely our cruise and next time we will probably do the tuamotus...
One last piece of advice, even though the gratuities are included, do leave gratuities to the 4 or 5 people that were outstanding during the cruise; they do appreciate it.
Informative 2 hour of Papeete that was included
Nice boat ride, decent snorkeling, relaxing lunch at private beach
Fun trip, great views