Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review
1,207 Reviews

Good food and shows, bad cabin, cancelled port and excursion

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by nicosusy

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony

Everything was ok until we started using our cabin. First the bedsheets had stains on them!!!! Then the cabin ceiling and walls started cracking at nigh... plus we could hear weird sounds coming from the deck above us very late at night (we were on deck 15 and heaven staterooms were above us). I’m talking about 1 am to 3 am. Who can sleep like that???? Our steward and a carpenter came a couple of times and couldn’t find where the noise was coming from. They gave us a cheap wine bottle and a $200 onboard credit for the “inconvenience” but I feel they were short, in reality I should’ve gotten a refund for the whole onboard expense account and for being so uncomfortable on our cabin, plus if things were not getting fixed, they should’ve moved us or upgraded our stateroom to a better one, as I explained to management we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and it wasn’t a cheap cruise to begin with so to have this kind of situation was very bad for our cruise experience.

On the other hand we had booked our excursion with NCL way before our cruise started thinking our experience was going to be the best (even tho we could have gotten it cheaper with independent companies) and the truth is that at the end it was as bad as anywhere online because it just got cancelled just a few days before the cruise; when we called to cancel the cruise at that point they said there wasn’t any refund or exchanges available and they didn’t even give us a credit or anything towards a new excursion; so we had to pay even more money for the new one.

Similar issue happened with one of the ports which by the way I must say they do stay very little time at (Ketchikan), you’ll be practically running the whole time when ashore (some even get you there at almost night time) and even when we missed that port (due to bad winds or weather) we didn’t stay longer at the next port. I’m don’t know about the rest of the world but I like things to go according to schedule or to be compensated for it; mind you this is the third “inconvenience” on this cruise so yeah so far not recommended to people like me who actually care about details on a cruise.

Other than that food was great, service was ok (they don’t go out of their way to serve your needs), the ship is very stylish and updated for our times, doesn’t feel cramped (except when getting off to explore a new port, people are coming to the hallways from all sides, it’s crazy); they do have good shows (Broadway style I’d say), you can’t miss the Beatles and Jersey Boys, I’m not an art critic but I thought they were all very profesional and talented (didn’t feel cheap). The disembarkation process was very smooth (they use a camera system with face recognition, very sophisticated and fast, I liked that).

nicosusy's Full Rating Summary

Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M9 15844

Everything was ok until the cabin ceiling and walls started cracking at nigh... we could hear weird sounds coming from the deck above is very late at night. 1 am to 3 am. Who can sleep like that???? Our steward and a carpenter came but couldn’t find where the noise was coming from. Very uncomfortable stay on our cabin and we were celebrating our 10th anniversary.

Boat Tour

Super cool guy and he made us feel amazing, you can tell he lives there, he was very knowledgeable of the waters too. Took us very close to take pictures. Breathtaking views!!!

View All 27 Boat Tour Reviews
Dog Sledding

Cancelled without a credit and only a few days before we got there. We found out and they had other excursions going but not the one from the ship. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

View All 162 Dog Sledding Reviews
Helicopter Tour

The helicopter pilot was amazing very knowledgeable of the area, very smooth ride and spectacular views! My wife loves photograpy and he took his time with us and we even got to see the sunset and a rainbow, how cool is that.

View All 138 Helicopter Tour Reviews
White Pass Scenic Railway

Very cute and very well maintained. Amazing views and knowledgeable staff (both the bus driver that takes you to ride the train and the person who brings you back on the train) Sucks that you cross Canada for one minute and turn arround (which itll take you longer) but it was nice.

View All 1212 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
Glacier Bay

This port had very pretty views!!!! Will recommend to wake up early because spaces are limited depending on the weather and people could block your vision for those nice picture shots.

Ketchikan

We didn’t stop here because of “wind”, “weather” and “safety”. We were so looking to do activities it was the only place that would give us that experience throughout the whole trip. This was a major inconvenience.

Victoria

It was a very touristic place. Very European looking and not much to do except drink and enjoy the views.

nicosusy