3. Carnival Vista
This was a long awaited family cruise. We upgraded to a spa balcony cabin and was looking forward to a week of relaxation and time with family. I am a long time cruise traveler. This was the worst experience! The worst week! My thoughts were that I wish I could have departed the ship but of course you are trapped on it until you return to port. Our cabin was a nightmare! Wet floors on the first day. A ship worker coming into the room over and over to tell us their had been a bad leak. They set up two giant blowers in the tiny cabin and we were stuck with the noise and trying to climb over the blowers when we wanted to move about or go in and out. In the bathroom I scalded my hands as the sink only had scalding water. They had to repair that twice during the trip. Every night at around midnight a terrible loud mechanical sound that shook our cabin would wake us up. I spent most of my cruise either on the phone with or at the guest services desk. Every night the same. Call..and be told we had to wait while they sent someone to check out the noise. So we were stuck waiting up each night while the person they sent to 20 to 45 minutes to come to our cabin and the spend time trying to explain the noise as by then it would stop. The noise usually lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. I finally decided to record it and the ships head of house keeping heard my recordings and let guest services know it was loud but kept insisting they had no idea what it could be. At first we thought it might be a one time deal but this happened all week long each night and our peaceful vacation of rest was turned into involuntarily Up All Night. Guest services could have cared less! We were told nothing they could do. It was also disturbing that all 3 showers in the Spa were not working properly. And one of the main steam rooms did not work properly the entire cruise. And though Carnival knew it we didn't find out until Thursday into the cruise that we were right next door to a maintenance room on the side away from the way we leave our cabin. We found out because of added disturbing noise and maintenance workers going in and out of that room and slamming the door over and over. We paid close to 3k for the trip. After I found a member of housekeeping in the hall at midnight and asked if he could come listen to the noise as it was happening and he told guest services on the phone how awful it was they issued me and my cabin mate a $75 credit each. $150 credit against 3k? And after this credit they started working non stop in the room next to us. We were woken to hammering and metal falling constantly on the metal floor. Drilling. Talking. The door slamming as they went in and out constantly. We just wanted to get off of the ship. This long awaited trip had been ruined and outings with family were missed due to lack of sleep. They woke us up hammering on Friday morning around 6am. The noise went on all day long as I was too exhausted to leave the cabin. I was trying hard to get just a little sleep. But the banging was non stop and I called guest services once again and asked if they knew about the non stop noise? They said they did. They told me mechanical issues were being repaired and they did not know how long it would go on. I went to Guest services and asked them why they has forced us to be up each night trying to explain to them the noise when they had known all along the source of the problem and why they hadn't just moved us to another cabin. I was told the cruise was fully booked. I asked for a refund for our trip and was told the best they could do was another $150 totaling $300 against our almost 3k week fee. And that the work would continue in the maintenance cabin. And it did. All day until my I finally went into the hall and asked two of the maintenance workers if they knew how long they would be working? I asked if they had any idea the noise that was in our cabin. It was so terrible. I wish I could load my videos so everyone could really see how little Carnival cared about us as guests. I think my lack of sleep and the fact that I was holding my head from a massive headache was visible to the workers. Though guest services didn't care these guys went in the room and talked to their supervisor and came out and told me they were going to stop for the night. It was just after 8pm. That was on a Friday. The one day the Spa jacuzzi was roped off and out of order for use. It was also the only night of the 7 day cruise that we did not get woken up to the horrible noise that was so bad it shook our cabin. They once again started the banging at 6 am the next morning. I know guest services knew the whole time what the problem was. For them to keep us up each night after being woken up from the noise and making us wait for people to come to the cabin and then doing the non stop maintenance once they gave us the small credit was horrible. I would have given this cruise a zero if that was an option. Getting back home with a letter from onboardi with a multiple list of cabin complaints and calling the main office really did nothing to much to make me feel any better. Customer service on that end was horrible too. And dont depend on Chase credit card company to help you if you want to make the dispute with them. Apparently no matter what your experience and I'm sure Carnival knows this is that if you complete the entire cruise no matter what your issues they consider it a valid charge and will not help you either. So unless you are willing to jump ship in the middle of the ocean or fly back from a different country Chase credit card will do nothing. It's a shame our trip was so disturbing and disappointing. I sincerely hope this experience does not happen to anyone else or that Carnival takes responsibility when it's due to their faulty equipment when someones entire vacation turns out to be a nightmare and the best part about the experience is when you can get OFF the ship! Since we were so occupied with this situation all cruise we really didn't do much else. We went to the casino which seemed a little cramped. Not much room to move around in. The food in the main dining room was very good. Lots of choices. But the wait staff seemed preoccupied this trip and in too much of a hurry. Sometimes it took a long time to get food and extras we asked for such as ice tea or lemon etc. The main attraction and one of the reasons we booked the cruise was the Sky Ride on the Vista. But it was down the entire cruise Out Of Service. The water slide was fun the two times I went down and the pool area seemed nice though we never got in it.

Carnival Vista Nightmare!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by lhwestwitch

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

I am a long time cruise traveler.

Our cabin was a nightmare!

lhwestwitch’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony
Cabin 8P 11238
The worst ever!
We traveled with our grandkids but they were in a non spa cabin.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins