3. Carnival Splendor
This was for my son and I to spend some time together before he spends all his time with his friends. We had a good time and enjoyed the cruise and time together. Embarkation was very fast and easy. Arrived at 11:15 for a 11:30-12 boarding time, and were on board by 11:30. Food at buffet was fair, the MDR was very good. We did breakfast in the MDR as well for better food. We were disappointed with the music, heard the macarena 3 times and YMCA 4 times. Felt like a bad wedding reception. Personally, would have liked to hear more classic rock, only 2 hours dedicated to it the entire week. Good thing I brought my ear buds! Service was great everywhere, whether it was the room stewards, MDR, "bus boys", even the "lifeguard" by the pool. Lots of entertainment, from ping pong, chess, board games, trivia, mini golf, etc. They need a lot more chairs by the main pool for movie time. We didn't get off for excursions, but that's what we wanted, to have the pool to ourselves and just relax. Had a great group of table mates for dinner and met up with a very nice family from Cruise critic on day 1. Disembarkation was very slow, but organized. The ship is ok, but a little warn (they were replacing a lot of carpeting in rooms as the week went on). The 4th and 5th decks have a MDR right in the middle of the ship, so navigating for to aft was interesting (can't always pass through). It was fun and great to laugh and relax with my son, but unspectacular and average. The only real negatives would be the amount of drunks and rude people. I know, it's the "fun" ship. The value in relation to cost is great, but I think I need to try another cruise line to see. This ship still doesn't have the pixels program to view your photos from your phone. I can never find the photos of myself in all the mess of photos.

Fun, although unspectacular

bud88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 7345
A decent cabin in all. It has a pull down bunk, but also had 2 twins. Great for 2 people, but cramped for 3 unless a smaller child. A great location, and never heard any noise at all (next to the public laundry). Very close to the stairs and only a few decks to get to dining, comedy, or Lido. For the price, a steal!
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins