3. Norwegian Getaway
After reading some of the reviews and complaints about NCL in general and their megaships I was a bit hesitant to book this cruise. It was our first time with NCL. having previously sailed with Disney and Celebrity. I am happy to say my fears were unfounded. Embarkation in Copenhagen went smoothly. We started out with lunch at Taste, which was great, and then headed back to our cabin - a 5 person oceanview on deck 5. It was clean, fresh and enough storage space. Dininig - We tried Cagneys, Teppaniyaki. La Cucina and the brazilian steakhouse - we absolutely loved the food there, Cagneys was our least favorite but it was good too. Other days we ate in the MDR's, we were happy with the food there too. The only place I wouldn't recommend eating was the buffet simply because it was so overcrowded and more about quantity than quality, but the fresh pasta station and other things like that made it tolerable. As for entertainment we didn't see any shows, except one violinist which was ok. We did partake in some of the family origami stuff but mostly our cruise was about relaxing, which we really did - as much as is possible with 3 kids under the age of 6. We did use the kids club on a few occacions, but I wasn't really impressed. The staff didn't seem to interact with our children much, but on the other hand I know some kids loved it there so I guess it depends a lot on the indidual child in question whether they will enjoy it. It was a good thing that they had the guppies playroom on deck 16, and then our oldest loved doing the mini golf, the bowling, the climbing wall and so on. The arcade was simply too loud, but we did enjoy the pool and splash area on several days even though the weather was freezing. I found the ship to be in excellent condition, and the service was fine. Apart from the kids club as mentioned above, I didn't find fault with a single crew member. We live in northern Europe, so we didn't go on this cruise for the ports. Instead we spent most of those days on the ship, which was much more enjoyable when there was less people on it. Having said that, apart from the buffet I didn't feel that the ship was overcrowded and waiting for elevators wasn't a problem. Favorite area on the ship was the waterfront, which was simply lovely.

Baltic cruise with children exceeding expectations except for the kids club

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Albinroo

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Favorite area on the ship was the waterfront, which was simply lovely.
Albinroo’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin O1 5058
This is the only type of cabin (except in Haven) that will allow for 5 people. And it was fine, I was worried about noise, being just one deck below the atrium and many of the restaurants but we didn't experience any issues with that. If we had older kids it might feel a bit cramped but then we probably would have spent even less time in the cabin than we did now.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins