3. Carnival Magic
This was our 10th Cruise and 7th with Carnival. I have to admit we were skeptical based on reviews and our very last Carnival Cruise. Last August we cruised with Disney and was worried Carnival would fall way short based on Disney’s level of quality and service. To be honest we were 100% pleasantly surprised. I felt the ship was maintained well and generally very clean. I did feel our balcony cabin was OK and could have been a little cleaner in the corners. The bedding was tremendously more comfortable that other Carnival cruises. The last Carnival Cruise was miserable for sleep quality - this Cruise we slept very comfortably. One exception is we could hear EVERY in the adjoining stateroom with connecting doors (doors remained lock). There was an infant that woke us up in the adjoining room every morning at 6:00 and then we listened to their family morning conversations. We felt this ship had the most activities and places to spend time than any other Carnival ship. The sports area was great, trivia was great, on board music options was good. There was a trio of violinist who were amazing. The nightly shows were an improvement from prior cruises. They kept us entertained, but realize Carnival is not the go to ship if you are looking for theater production. Food in the dining room was very good with real top rate service. People comment the portions are small - WHAT? I can seriously eat and did not feel that way. If you must - order multiple entrees. The one complaint I would have is the lines at buffets, pizza or burritos area was long. However I believe the root cause is people hoarding and eating mass quantities of food. I watched a person eat 3 cheeseburgers, fries and a pizza in one sitting??? I actually found some people’s eating and hoarding food as being very grotesque. I am not a health snob and could lose a little weight myself. I enjoy Carnival for their lively activities. If you want a slower paced and less party atmosphere don’t cruise on Carnival. Between the price point of the cruise and the party atmosphere it does attract a different crowd. My point is don’t pay the cheapest price for a cruise and the expect the same service as the most expensive cruise. I personally would rather go on 2 or 3 Carnival Cruises than 1 Disney Cruise for the same price. However, I realize there is a service and quality difference.’

Great Cruise

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by rjglover

rjglover’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9227
I am pretty sure the prior cruise prior did not have anyone in our cabin based on the thin layer of dust. There was an adjoining door next to ours that allowed us to hear our neighbors. However on the other side we could not hear anything. If you are going solo, I would suggest getting a room that does not adjoin.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins