3. Allure of the Seas
I have been on 85 cruises and I wanted to try a mega ship. What a mistake. From the moment I booked this cruise I felt like I was being hustled. I received emails informing me that I had to book my dinner reservations I had to book all my shows and I was given very unpleasant times with no choice in the matter . I also received several emails asking me to upgrade buying dining packages eating at restaurants and buying beverage packages and they just kept coming. Even at this early stage if I wouldn’t of paid in full I would’ve canceled the ship as I did read reviews and they weren’t very good. First of all the food is cold and second rate food they do not have good quality meat, fish chicken or pork. Everything is overcooked dry and tough. Most of them hidden with batter. When eating your dinner they come along and try and sell you a package to eat in their 12 private restaurants with no regard whether you’re eating or not. They hustle drink packages all along the boardwalk and every entrance throughout the ship. This ship should be renamed hustler of the seas. We joined the spa to use the steam room and they even added an 18% tip on top of that just to use the steam room and only 4 lounge chairs for 6500 people ruin the spa. We have never witnessed so many unhappy and dissatisfied passengers on any ship as this one. This ship has zero security they all hide. This ship is geared for mainly miss behaved children. We were in room 10 612 and it was very small for a balcony room but we had a great room steward. The drinks on the ship cost more than any other ship we’ve been on. We purchased a martini and a Cosmo and that bill was $31 for those two drinks. We were not interested in the drink package as people were complaining there was no liquor in their drinks. The shows were OK. The wipeout café is the only restaurant where you can get a omelette made. The wind jammer has repetitive food every day and some of it’s left over from last nights dinner. The solarium restaurant was nice but repetitive food again also cold. There is hardly enough entertainment and when there is they have five things going on at the same time. We were told that between passengers and crew there over 9000 people on board. It did not feel like a cruise it felt like a floating mall full of used car salesman. The staff is friendly but they’re trying to sell on a nonstop basis. On formal night I was in my tuxedo and next to me was a man with his T-shirt shorts and flip-flops eating dinner and that was acceptable on that ship. If you like to cruise for the art of cruising stay away from this ship you will definitely regret it.

Hustle of the Seas

Disco1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 10612
The carpets in the room smelled so it was a good thing I brought a can of Lysol. They have zero movies for grown-ups in the cabin only three channels for children and news channels.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins