3. Empress of the Seas
I scheduled the cruise when it was going to Cuba. When the laws changed, the cruise itinerary changed to Mexico. I really wanted to go to Cuba, but Mexico was just fine. It's a small ship with one pretty small pool that was super crowded on sea days. There were plenty of lounge chairs, but zero were in the shade. They only had tables and chairs in the shade. The pool deck was nice, but they played movies super loud and pretty much everyone was complaining about the volume. I still had a great time. The people and the staff were quite friendly and helpful. The ship was clean and the food was good as usual on Royal Caribbean. I prefer a ship with nightly dancing and although they had some, it wasn't a big activity on the ship. I didn't eat at any of the specialty restaurants so I can't review any of the restaurants. The lobster in the main dining room was fantastic and the casino had some great machines and tables.

Had a great time, but...

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by shmoozii

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom
shmoozii’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin 6V
I had an inside room as I usually do on RCCL. It was perfectly fine.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins