3. Carnival Paradise
My husband and I chose this cruise because it was his very 1st cruise 5 years ago. We have both been on this ship 4 times this is my 87th Cruise and his 22nd cruise. I am Diamond on carnival so we decided to book this for a quick getaway. The weather was great we drove to the port of Tampa. We live in Fort Myers so it took 2 hours 25 minutes. We got on the ship no problem and explored the upgraded areas which looked very nice. Now, being a Diamond member on Carnival use to afford you some extra perks. Well they must have forgot the perks on this ship. We had no bar soap, we had to ask for a fan and no diamond gift. We received a lanyard on day one which I never use and we suspect that they thought that was the diamond gift. Cheesy and cheap. Anyway, this is a very cheap cruise meaning that is it is inexpensive and unfortunately it shows. The clientele on board were simply out of control. I can't describe it I'm only in my fifties and I'm no prude but enough was enough. As a Diamond member we did get a brunch with the captain and the officers but although the brunch was nice there really was no mingling with the captain or any of the offices. We just received a photo. Usually they have a cocktail party and you can talk to everyone. This was certainly not the case, and no mingling with the big-wigs.I just feel carnival has gone downhill. Even the food is going downhill. Not sure if I will ever book another one on carnival. I know the week long cruises are much better than the weekend cruises as far as the guests go. I am a platinum on Norwegian and we have frequented Norwegian cruise line during the last 4 years. NCL gives you so many perks and its worth a little extra money to get respectful people on board. If you want disrespectful people all around you, go on this ship!!!! And if your Diamond, expect ZERO PERKS!!!

Ship upgrade is nice

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by marnette123

marnette123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A R199
Very nice and upgraded. BIG TV in room. Biggest one on any cruise.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins