3. Norwegian Getaway
We had many little issues on the Norwegian Getaway. No one issue would have led me to rate the cruise as poor. But there were so many issues that it affected our relaxation and enjoyment of the cruise. I rated the cruise as poor because NCL does not seem to care enough about passenger loyalty to respond to complaints. I filed a complaint through the NCL website complaint option, I sent an email to customer relations and I called the corporate office and left a message with the guest relations manager for the Getaway. A month later I have not received a response from any of these attempts to contact NCL The problems we had on the cruise were: 1. Waiting in line over an hour to correct a check-in mistake made by NCL 2. Waiting in line for another hour to try and get an extension cord for a CPAP machine that was promised earlier in the day. 3. Over cooked foods at 3 of 4 specialty restaurants with no offer of replacement from the wait staff when they were notified 4. Travel approved / sealed cheese bought in Amsterdam was confiscated the first day. I was given a receipt to pick it up the last day but security could not locate the packages. No restitution was offered. 5. $100 voucher won for SPA services had an expiration date that was not disclosed at the raffle. The SPA wanted to charge a now show fee if my wife didn't keep the appointment and pay full price. They finally let her use the voucher when she told them to cancel her appointment. 6. Reservation at specialty restaurant Moderno was for only one guest instead of our party of four. The manager was on the phone trying to correct this for 15 minutes before he gave up and just seated us. He said he would just cover the screw up. 7. The staff at the main dining restaurants were indifferent. The staff at several of the specialty restaurants were not friendly. By comparison the staff at the buffet and at the English Pub were awesome. 8. We selected the free drink package option at booking. The mixed drinks throughout almost all the venues seemed really weak. I had to order shots on the side to spike the drink to a normal level.

Subpar Customer Service, Customer Relations doesn't care about customer loyalty

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by dallas_stars_12

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

The problems we had on the cruise were:

1. Waiting in line over an hour to correct a check-in mistake made by NCL

dallas_stars_12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 13228
The cabin was nice. The only complaint is the lack of plugs near the bed. There was no plug close enough for a CPAP machine and it took a lot of effort to get an extension cord.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins