3. Emerald Sun
I was really disappointed with Emerald. They advertised their food as being high-end cuisine. It was really average. I had their lunch in the dining room on the first two days of our 14 day cruise, and never returned. There is a lot of food, but it was all of mediocre quality. No complaints about breakfast, there was a lot of variety and it was excellent. Their dinners were not high-end cuisine. Again most were adequate, but nothing spectacular. The service on board was outstanding. The wait staff were all excellent, five stars to everyone. The administrative staff all performed their assignments adequately, but nothing out of the ordinary. No complaints about the staterooms at all. There again very high-quality and the stewards who were responsible for maintaining them did an outstanding job. The excursions were disappointing. They were adequate, but nothing more. About half of their local guides were the bottom of the barrel for sure. This was a 14 Day Danube- Main- Rhine River Cruise in July, 2019. The cruise itself is spectacular and I would recommend it to anyone. I booked with Emerald instead of with Viking, and I think I made a mistake.

Disappointing

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by Samthecat

I booked with Emerald instead of with Viking, and I think I made a mistake.
Samthecat’s Full Rating Summary