Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by Saltynutt1

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

$200 million dollar renovation? Let's start with my room. We had a grand sweet, room 7295. We had dirty water from someone else's room leaking into our bathroom. It was so bad that mold was growing. And not sure exactly what we were walking in, shower water, toilet water? It took 6 days and 5 visits to be fixed, and we had to be out of our room for 5 hours while thru fixed it. We had to keep towels on the floor just to keep our feet dry! On day 7 or toilet stopped flushing, and they had to send a plumber to fix that, Day 8, the last day was problem free thou! Lol. The formal dining room is more like a diner than a formal dining room, allot of booths, which was REALLY CLASSY on formal night! I would say the food is almost as good as our local diner as well!

Expect to wait a long time at all other places to eat, long lines, no organization. After you get your food, good luck finding a seat. The pool is very small and over crowded. The slides are nothing special either.

People smoke wherever they want, and nobody enforces anything. Complained to security, but they did nothing! There were people even smoking in the kids water park by the slides. People were taking their kid's out of the water because they were doing nothing about it. We couldn't sit on our balcony due to people smoking marijuana, the smell was so bad my 12yr old daughter was getting sick. Guest service said all they can do is send out a letter with the smoking policy! So nothing was done about that either. I personally don't recommend this cruise, I had to get a claim number with carnival for compensation, we will see how that goes, hopefully better then the cruise! At least they added allot of rooms and made the common areas smaller!

There are not allot of shows, except for shoes about shopping on board, and comedy shows everyday, which are not kid friendly, even if they say it is, it was very inappropriate. The casino is nice, but you have to walk straight through the smoking area to get anywhere, as it is the only deck you can walk from one end to the other. Not a good set up if you have kids.

The spa was nice, my wife had 2 services, and we did a couples massage. The massage was relaxing, but I have had allot better around my house for less money. I would not take this cruise for a family vacation ever again. It was easy getting on the boat, getting off was another story, we had priority with the suite, but nobody knew where to send us, we're we're moved 3 times to different floors carrying 6 suitcases! And all I wanted to do is get off the boat! Kid's club was a joke for my 12 year old daughter as well. All they did was sit in the room and play a video game, or play on their phones. She wanted out in less then an hour!

Getting off the boat in ports took a long time as well. Carnival had people stopping everyone on the ramp to get off so they could take pictures. All this did was hold everyone up! Take pictures on the side out of the way! It took us 1.5hrs to get off st the first port, and about an hour st the others.

San Juan was nice for shopping, but don't be out after dark, we're didn't feel safe. St. Thomas was beautiful. Grand Turk was our favorite, we went snorkeling, and then relaxed on the beach, wish we had more time there.

I would not recommend carnival, we mighty have tried the cruise line again if the company made right by us for all the problems we had, but they did not! Don't waste your breath complaining to the company, they don't care, and already have your money! Find another cruise line!

I would add photos, but it won't let me on my phone for some reason.

Saltynutt1's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 7295

Leaking water, toilet flushing problems, mold, nothing to rave about for a sweet! Room was not renovated like they claimed either.

San Juan

Shopping was good, wish we had more time to explore, got there too late.

Grand Turk

Great experience, beautiful island, the guys were great, if I had more time I would have done it again!

Saltynutt1