3. Norwegian Breakaway
Spent the first three days on lines fixing problems, from charging us extra for drink we never ordered (even though we had a drink package) to the internet not working and their ncl app not recognizing my login, and constantly kicking me out of the app when I did manage to log into it. No functioning exhaust fans in either of our 2 rooms, so basically when someone went to the bathroom, you had to live with the smell for hours. To make matters worse, one of our rooms had a bathroom that had sewer gasses leaking into it and by the end of our 7 day cruise smelled so bad that we all started to use the bathroom in the other room. We notified them on the 3rd day but they never fixed the problem. Most restaurants and activities were already fully booked on the cruise before we even boarded the ship, so basically their freestyle dining requires you to tell the future and predict when and where you'll be everyday, without being able to see the itinerary until you actually board the ship. The drinks were severely watered down. My wife can't drink for anything, she has about 2 ounces of wine and gets giddy, yet she was able to drink 4 cocktails within an hour and not feel a thing. In fact, I switched to just beer, knowing that they can't water that down, and then I finally started to feel it myself. The internet package is a scam, they sell it by the minute, yet it's so slow it'll take you at least 10 minutes to log in to check your email. Plus if you forget to turn it off (yes you have to turn it on and off) it'll eat up all of your minutes even when you aren't using it. Constantly trying to con more money out of us. Carnival doesn't nickle and dime you like ncl does. EVERYTHING costs extra when you're on the ship. The itinerary was all based on getting more money out of you, there were hours of activities planned everyday that was about selling you lewelry, art, wat he's, future cruises etc, but no other alternatives, so basically there were chucks of time during the day were you were just bored, unless you felt like getting hustled. My 18 year old had NOTHING to do for a week, he was bored the entire time. The club went up to 17 years old and they strictly enforce that age limit, and the other club was geared towards older people, so he had no one to mingle with. The only interesting activities were late at night, but then the excursions started early in the morning, so basically you had to choose between missing out on something or being sleep deprived. The worst part was when we left the ship (apparently they have a reputation for this) when they got us off the ship, they couldn't care less what happened afterwards. They basically over crowded us on the dock and herded us in without any roped off lines or clear directions. Employees were constantly telling us and other people that we had to switch lines, the porters were yelling at ncl employees for not organizing all of us and blocking the aisles. People were shoving and cutting the lines and the employees did nothing to stop it. They even had us crossing through the crowd of people entering the ship as well.

Nothing but problems and ncl doesn't care

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by John im

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B4 12272
Awful smell in the bathroom that got progressively worse.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins