3. Carnival Breeze
We have cruised with Carnival, Royal Caribbean and NCL in the past and chose this cruise base on price. This was our second Carnival cruise and was a lot better than our first experience on the Dream. I had a lot of reservations before boarding based on reviews I read here but we did not experience any of the issues I read about. Embarkation was easy and we were on board by 1130. Our cabin was nice and clean and everything worked as it should. Saw a lot of complaints about the air not being cold enough, but our was working great and would cool the room down as much as we needed it to. Our room steward was awesome. One of the best we have had in our handful of cruises. He always made sure the room was clean and stocked with towels and was apologetic anytime we came back and the room was not done up yet. Not that we were concerned, but it was nice to hear he was and tool pride in making sure he did his job well. The ship itself was really nice and didnt experience any issue. The shows we were to were excellent, the comedy club was fun. The pools, even though small, did not seem to be overly crowded whenever we went, even on sea days much to our surprise. The same for the water park as well. The only disappointment we had was to food selection, especially for kids. It was not obvious that you could get chicken nuggets in the Lido. You had to ask for them instead of them having a dedicated area for kid friendly foods like we have experienced on other cruise lines. The Sapphire restaurant was great and the food selection there was nice. We experienced the steakhouse for the first time on this cruise and it was nice as well. Our head server in the Sapphire was awesome. Took care of my kids and made sure they were happy with what they had. We have always been skeptical of Carnival as they have the reputation of being the party boat, but we did not experience this on this cruise for the most part and we really enjoyed it. We have young kids and dont want to deal with all the drunk people all the time. Although there was one night at 2am we were woken up by a group of drunks walking down the hallway screaming and yelling, but thats it. All in all we were really happy with this cruise and will be looking for future Carnival cruises now based on this experience. I guess my advice for those that read this is dont let the negative review ruin your cruise or swade you from trying out Carnival or any other cruise for the first time. You can make you own experience and have your own fun in your own way.

Pleasant surprise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by GoBluePatsfan

Embarkation was easy and we were on board by 1130.

GoBluePatsfan’s Full Rating Summary