3. Norwegian Breakaway
I have faithfully sailed NCL for 6 of my 8 Cruises however, this last cruise on the Breakaway has severely challenged my loyalty. We sailed August 11th out of Miami returning on the 18th in cabin 9158. Beginning with Embarkation at the NCL facility in Miami. Upon entering the building I asked a staff member where the Latitudes preferred check in was and I was directed to a line. I asked if it was the Latitudes preferred line and they said yes. Well it wasn't. Thus ensued a lengthy wait. Once on board I have to say I was pleased with the cabin. Nice, clean and enough room. But that would change. On the third day the shower would not drain and filled up about five inches of water inside the shower enclosure. My wife had no choice but to open the door and the bathroom flooded. I told the room attendant and he looked at it immediately and fixed the clog but thereafter the bathroom smelled of urine. Additionally, the room attendant converted the couch to a bed for our third party however, he never changed it back, it remained a bed for the entire week and we had no place to sit other than where we slept. As for dining, the food in the main dining rooms, Savor, Taste and the Buffet, to paraphrase Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack; "the food was low grade dog food!" We had no choice but to go to the premium restaurants which led to the problem of getting a reservation. I approached the Hostess at Cagney's at 530 PM. There were only 3 tables occupied and no one in the waiting area. I asked if there were any openings and she bluntly stated I would have to have a seat and wait. I said are there any cancellations and she said, I told you to sit and wait. So we went to O'Sheahans which has a very limited menu but the food is edible. While waiting for our food a drunk woman bumped into my grand son causing him to spill his whole glass of Mountain Dew on the table. It took no less than 23 minutes to get someone to wipe it up. When the waiter finally came to the table and said; "what happened?' in a very disgusting tone. He cleaned it up, somewhat, and stormed off with asking if we needed another drink which we never got. We had exactly two decent meals on the whole trip and both were at Margueritaville. We were really disappointed with the pool deck. This class of ship is cramming too much onto the pool deck and there is no room. Pool was way too crowded and there was the ever present issue of seat saving. They should revisit the pool deck of the Epic. it is perhaps the best pool deck on any ship. As for the water park, half the slides were closed for maintenance the entire cruise. there was also a lot of puddles all over the pool deck which were a hazard, one of which I had the misfortune to slip and fall on. Crew members walked around me as two other passengers helped me to my feet. I was afraid to go to the medical facility as I went there earlier for a band aid and they charged me a $1.00. Seeing a doctor would have bankrupted me. But I digress. The excursions were ok however I wish we would have been warned about having to walk several blocks top our bus in Costa Maya. That was pretty bad. Other than that the excursions were ok. The service overall was mediocre to bad. The waiters pool side brushed us off many times and to be honest I have never had a poolside waiter walk away from me before. The waiters in the restaurants were slow and did not do anything to warrant a tip. Except one waiter in La Cucina. His name was Salvin and he was incredible. His attention was awesome his service was timely and perfect and his attitude was great. I would promote this guy and make him head of training he was that dam good. I really don't feel that we achieved much value for our money. Service was bad, food was bad, and issues with the stateroom. I have now sailed the Getaway and Breakaway and decided this class of ship is not worth my money any more.

My loyalty to NCL has been severely challenged

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Bacchus2010

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 9158

Additionally the balcony was ridiculously small. two chairs and a small table barely fit.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins