3. Norwegian Breakaway
We picked this cruise for our honeymoon because it went to Honduras and Belize which we had never been to before. While booking, we were excited about the free at sea options, we picked the beverage package and either the $50 to dining or WiFi (can’t remember). None of that mattered though because once we boarded, we didn’t have the drink package or anything else. We went to guest services and they said that was an issue with the internet services and that they couldn’t do anything about it. I emailed NCL about it once we got back and they haven’t contacted me. It was all just very impersonal, service was just okay. No one even congratulated us on our wedding. On Royal Caribbean, we always had a good time talking with our stateroom steward and dining room servers, but we didn’t have that kind of bond with any of the staff on the Breakaway. The food at the included restaurants was slightly better than Royal Caribbean. We did not pay for any extra food or shows. I thought it was irritating that you had to pay more for so many of the shows. I also hated that you had to reserve a spot at many of the shows because they booked up so early! The pool was incredibly tiny on deck which made our 2 days at sea less enjoyable and not having the drink package which we selected also did not help. It was easy to disembark the ship at the ports and we had the most fun on our excursions off the boat during the cruise. One of our excursions was cancelled while we were waiting on site for the boat to take us snorkeling in Harvest Caye. We got our money back, but I was looking forward to snorkeling on the barrier reef and it was irritating that it was cancelled so last second. All in all, the cruise was just ok but impersonal. NCL needs to work on their guest/ customer service. I would not cruise with them again.

Wish we had done a Royal Caribbean cruise

Chelseaduva’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 9806
Balcony was small. Room was nice but more wear and tear for having been re done so recently. No special turn down services (no towel animals or anything). Bathroom was the best part because it was spacious.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins