Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Very disappointing. Never again.

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by Brett W

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

We were three adults all over fifty years of age. We each had a stateroom to ourselves. There are no complaints about the ship and its amenities. It is beautiful and impressive. The food was enjoyable.

Some of my gripes:

1. The cruise was sold to us as a mainly adults cruse. There appeared to be more children on the ship than adults. I have four children of my own, so I know what it is like to be around kids and infants. For reasons unknown to me, management placed three children in a room next to the one used by me. They screamed and shouted on a daily basis at all hours of the day. I complained to management on three occasions but this was to no avail. These kids clearly loved jumping and playing in their room. Coupled with the excessive noise I felt and heard constant dull metal thumps.

2. The advertising spin for the ship and the cruise was that it would be luxurious. If you are against standing in line to get your food or being in something akin to a soup kitchen, this ship and cruise are not for you.

3. The prices for additional food and drinks are excessive. The ship is geared to make as much profit as it can on its guests. The ship has a captive customer and whatever you have to pay, you must add an additional 20% service charge to the bill even if you take something out of the cabin bar fridge. As an example, soft drinks are US$3.90 a cappuccino is over US$4.

4. The excursions are unreasonably priced. The ship cancels booked excursions when it does not have enough guests. They apologize to those who they have inconvenienced but it appears that the profit on the excursion is more important than the guest's enjoyment.

There are more gripes but I will not bother you with it.

I will not recommend this cruise.

Brett W's Full Rating Summary