3. Freedom of the Seas
Ship was in fairly good condition. Enjoyed most of the shows, some were excellent, others were mediocre. The ship was full since it was summer and kids were not back in school. The bars were the most part good with the exception of the bar in the Viking Crown lounge, I think its called Olive or twist. On the other hand, the Bull and Bear Pub was excellent. This was a port intensive itinerary that stopped at 5 ports of call with only one day at sea so I tried to do everything during the week after we got back onboard the ship since I knew the last day at sea all the venues would be packed. The flow rider was a blast, although the waiting lines long. Food was decent, not great. There was no tuna fish or egg salad in the Windjammer. The food in the dining room was either good or poor. By the end of the cruise we mostly ate all of our meals in the Windjammer since there is so much more selection than in the dining room. Disappointed that our dining table was messed up. First night we got to dinner and we requested to be seated at a large table. We were placed at a table with six seats but seven people showed up with the same table number, we were two and they were a family of five, so, they walked away. The next night we showed up to dinner and we had been moved to a table for two, exactly what I did not want. Also disappointed that I celebrated my birthday on the cruise and Royal Caribbean did nothing, no note in the cabin, no birthday cake, nothing. I've been on many cruises and always on Norwegian, Costa, Carnival, MSC, even Princess the cruise line does something to acknowledge a passengers birthday. Staff in the Regalia shop were not attentive, I wanted to buy a TAG watch and waited 10 minutes in the watch area, nobody approached me as the staff were congregating by themselves and chatting, ignoring customers. I bought the TAG watch in St. Martin, could not tell you if I got a good deal or not since I never went back to the Regalia shop to compare prices. Also cashier in the Casino was rude to everybody, kind of shocking. On the other hand, the gift shop is very nice, has a great selection of merchandise and staff there was EXCELLENT! The staff in the Windjammer were FANTASTIC, always welcoming, friendly, and they work so hard. Did not see much of the cruise director - Katie, only saw her at the shows at night. I work out a lot so I went to the gym almost every day. This is an area that needs attention. Most of the treadmills were old, worn, and the TVs do not work. A lot of the workout machines had torn seats, etc. We were told the ship is going tp dry dock in January 2020. The all Access Tour was great and the guide - Ivan was great. It was a fun cruise with a few things that I did not like but we had fun.

Good, Fun with a few disappointments

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Fun in the Florida Sun

The flow rider was a blast, although the waiting lines long.

It was a fun cruise with a few things that I did not like but we had fun.
Fun in the Florida Sun’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 1677
Cabin was small but sufficient for a week. Small sofa and two beds, adequate drawers and closet space. This cabin is located next to a crew access area and sometimes at night we would get woken up by banging noises, not to frequently but it did happen. Beds were comfortable. Cabin steward was very good.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Antigua
    Least favorite port. We walked around the port area, very poor, went to a small market and bought cheap braclets. We should have taken an excursion at this port.
    View All 1,547 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Harrison's Cave
    This was a horrible excursion. Tour guide knew nothing about the island. We stopped at a view point and it was packed with people, everybody trying to buy water. The actual cave tour was interesting, but I had previously visited these same caves a few years ago and I remember spending time learning about the caves, this was a very rushed tour with little explanation of how the caves were formed. The horrible bus ride to get there and back was torture. The title of the excursion is "Harrison's Cave and Island Tour". We only saw the cave, nothing about the island was expained to us. The company that runs the tour is Foster Ince, I was not impressed with their staff.
    View All 80 Harrison's Cave Reviews
  • San Juan
    Love San Juan, we flew down two days early and had a great time. Went to El Condado area to visit the Oasis bar. Had a great time. Walked the city and Old San Juan as well.
    View All 3,780 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Brimstone Hill Tour
    Excellent shore excursion. This excursion took us to both Brimstone Hill and Fairview Great House. Fairview was very interesting. Brimstone is far and we spent a lot of time on the tour bus getting there.
    View All 56 Brimstone Hill Tour Reviews
  • Sulphur Springs Mud Bath
    A LONG LONG LONG day. Took forever to get to the Volcano, five minutes to see the Volcano and then the treak to return. We did make many stops along the way and the guide was good but in my opinion it took to long to travel to the Volcano for the little amount of time we spent there. Also this islands port is not designed to handle so many passengers at the same time. Both our ship, Freedom of the Seas and the Carnival Fascination were in port, to many pasengers for the infrstructure.
    View All 47 Sulphur Springs Mud Bath Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    I've been here so many times I just walk around and shop. It an excellent port, visited the Casino to play slot machines.
    View All 4,733 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews