• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

aswyers
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Balcony

This was my 7th cruise with Carnival. I usually cruise in the spring, but this time chose to go in August. We were able to snag Faster to the Fun, so embarkation was pretty easy. I went to the gym on the first morning and it was super packed and I never went back the rest of the week. Nelson, our steward was very friendly and made us comfortable. Our room, however, smelled like sewage on and off for the first several days, and I thought that my bedding had kind of a funky smell that I could not quite place. There were way too many large families with kids that ran wild all day and night. We were pretty sure that there was a roller derby right above our cabin until late almost nightly. Almost every morning we stepped out of our cabin, there was food all over the floors, on walls of elevators and ice cream cones thrown in corners. I do not blame Carnival for this. I believe the staff did their best to keep up. There were just too many heathens left to run wild and do whatever they wanted so I just call that bad parenting. Tried the serenity deck and it was PACKED....most likely other grown adults looking for some quiet respite. In large part, most of the passengers on this cruise were (I hate to say it) not the upper crust of society. I am just being honest. I would also NOT call this ship a "fun ship". There was not nearly enough entertainment on Lido as on other Carnival ships and the bar-tending staff were almost non-existent. While on deck 10, if you wanted a drink, you had to get dressed to go down and get it yourself. This may sound terrible, but isn't this part of the cruise experience? To not have to wait on yourself? Katie, Ida, and Imade in the casino bar were excellent. All were friendly and fun. We loved Grand Cayman, The Little French Key in Roatan, and Cozumel. We did not get off in Belize. I would most likely never cruise on Miracle again. We prefer to cruise out of Tampa, so ships are limited. We had cruised on Paradise twice and it was a good experience both times. I will never cruise this time of year again. I have not cruised for 3 years, so we all made the best of it.

Balcony

Cabin 8F

see above

Port Reviews

Tampa

We love the Port of Tampa

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

We always go to 7 mile beach...BEAUTIFUL!

Belize City

Did not get off the boat. Belize is kind of disgusting imho

2 Helpful Votes