3. Empress of the Seas
We are fans of RCCL and after my cruise on the Harmony next month I will be Diamond. But this ship was the WORST experience ever! The smell on the lower decks is awful. The 4th night of the cruise our cabin flooded. Our luggage was under the bed and it got wet and now smells moldy. We put everything on top of the bed. They put a huge fan in our cabin telling us that by the time we got back from Cozumel the carpet would be dry. No such luck. They gave an inside room so we could take a nap, assuring us the carpet would be dry. Nope. So they told us they would compensate us and change our room. Big deal, there was no way we could have stayed in that cabin with the wet carpet and the smell. They moved us from our outside cabin to the 8th floor in the bow of the ship. There were bunk beds on either side of our bed that were closed but did stick out 3 - 4 inches from the wall. We are in our 70’s and had to bend and duck to get into our bed. We were not happy at all. I feel like the guest services on that ship should have made us a little more comfortable, Having said that, I went to guest services the day we were getting off the ship and told them how unhappy we were. The only thing that did was give us a 30% off coupon on our next cruise which I get in my email at least once a week anyway. By the way we paid for this cruise unlike many on that ship that got it for free. Stay away from the Empress of the Seas!

Bad experience

mimi21440’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin 3N 3602
Awful smell on lower decks. Cabin flooded on 4th night of cruise.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins