3. Norwegian Joy
The ship is very crowded. The sense of constantly having to think strategically and complete with others became stressful after a few days. For instance they have a small library but unlike other cruise ships we’ve been on, the books are locked up except for a few hours a day. This frustrated my kids terribly. They saw the books they wanted to read but couldn't get to them. When there is so much down time, why would they lock up books? They didn’t even staff the library when it was open so why keep the books locked up like that? The internet costs a fortune and for the most part your phone service doesn’t work. It was usually too cold for the water slides. It was hard to get into shows, and they were constantly up selling , pushing raffle tickets before each show etc. I loved the Beatles tribute band. They were very good. The guy playing John Lennon seemed to be happy to be there, but the other guys were stoic. Maybe that’s just how the Beatles performed. In any case their shows were very enjoyable- they played many songs from early middle and late Beatles years and all were perfect. I loved every second. We all liked the food a lot. In the non buffet restaurants the food was generally much better than what was available at the buffet but that is the case for every cruise I’ve ever been on. We had excellent meals in the Manhattan Savor and Taste restaurants, which all have the same menu. There were many good points, but if crowds and competing for limited resources (like a place to sit or room in an elevator) stress you out, maybe skip this huge ship. I noticed that as the week when on people became irritable with their fellow guests and it’s easy to understand why that would happen. With these crowds the other guests start seeming like competitors, not people on vacation in the same lovely place.

Crowded, fun things to do but you must compete

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by Mr.Spock

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF 11196
The cabin was very nice.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Kayaking
    The guides were kind and helpful. We took the short kayaking excursion and are very glad we did. It was a workout for the upper body!
    The kids informed me that zip lining would have been more fun.
  • Whales, Bears and Glaciers
    A 30 minute bus ride the the glacier with interesting narration by the bus driver, and hour at the glacier and the a bus ride to the whale watching location. By the time we were on the whale watching boat people were very hungry. There were some food items for sale like beer and burgers. (My suggestion is that you pack snacks.) they offered free coffee hot chocolate-and donut holes. The whale watching was excellent. We saw many whales as the scenery was stunning.
    All in all a great excursion and my families favorite
    View All 54 Whales, Bears and Glaciers Reviews
  • Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast
    Enjoyable excursion. We got to see some harbor seals, eagles and hold some live crabs. The all you can eat crab meal was enjoyed by all
    View All 121 Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Reviews
  • Victoria
    We had a nice long time ashore in Victoria, unlike the other stops which were very short. We made good use of the time as we were dying to be off the ship at this point. We walked to China town and back and enjoyed the shops.
    View All 1,315 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews