3. Empress of the Seas
I was in a oceanview with 3 people. Two twin beds and bunks. The room was smaller than other ships but liveable. Dont expect to stay in the room and watch anything worth watching on t.v. Getting on the ship took a little longer because we were early. Got off a little late but we were able to sit in the theater until they called our tag number. Once they did, it was pretty smooth. The food: Breakfast was mostly not great. bacon is disappointing. Even the sit down is just ok. The one great plus is the Brunch in the main dining on sea day. They give a complimentary mimosa or bloody Mary. Lunch in the Windjammer is just ok. The pizza and the french fries are actually good. The nachos were good also. Dinner in the main dining is good. The appetizers I had that were yummy are shrimp cocktail, shrimp ceviche, escargot. The 2 main dish that were really good are beef tenderloin and pork chops. They had a lobster tail night!! This is not offered on some ships. I ordered two. Do not miss Caribbean night in Windjammer for dinner. That was the only night we did not do sit down dining. The jamaican dishes were authentic. Oxtail , rice and peas(beans), plantains, jerk pork, jerk chicken, curry chicken(more Indian style). The oxtail was excellent. The coffee is excellent! if you like strong coffee. One negative is that food ends at 1:30 a.m. But they do have chicken wings on the late night buffet. that was surprising. they were pretty good. Music - The piano bar guy was just ok. The DJ was just ok. I mean he played some great tunes but he was not consistently good. You will be able to get an hour of good dancing. I guess I wanted 3 hours. There was a good band that played some good reggae. Getting around the ship was easy. They do a great job with safety drill. It was quick and instructions were clear. Staff was friendly I dont normally go to shows so I cant rate them. The casino is small but laid out nicely. Not many of the popular games. One disappointing thing- they dont have a basketball court or the basketball throw game in the game room. So to summarize... I would sail Empress again if the price is right, for the following reasons: Caribbean food night (oxtails) Complim. mimosa/bloody mary brunch on sea day Lobster tail night Chicken wings on late night buffet

Lot of cons but a few pros made it worth it

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by prs2725

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Stateroom

The food:

The coffee is excellent! if you like strong coffee.

One negative is that food ends at 1:30 a.m.

Music -

The piano bar guy was just ok.

There was a good band that played some good reggae.

Getting around the ship was easy.

Staff was friendly

I dont normally go to shows so I cant rate them.

The casino is small but laid out nicely. Not many of the popular games.

Caribbean food night (oxtails)

Complim. mimosa/bloody mary brunch on sea day

Lobster tail night

Chicken wings on late night buffet
prs2725’s Full Rating Summary