Norwegian Sun Cruise Review
2,215 Reviews

If you have time to cancel, I recommend doing so

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Pts6203

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Such a waste of time and money. I honestly don’t know where to begin. Let me start with the food. The buffet was the worst food I have ever eaten. Worse than cafeteria food. Food was cold, tasteless and thrown together. First night in main dining room my wife ordered NY Strip cooked medium. It came out well done and so thin it looked like it belonged on a sandwich. She sent it back and guess what, well done again. Sent it back the third time, yup, well done. At this point she said screw it and kept it. That was the seven seas dining room. We went to the four seasons dining room for a couple of other nights and the experience was better, mostly because of our waiter Apri. Food was just ok though. We went to two specialty restaurants, the hibachi and Cagneys. Hibachi was great, Cagneys, disappointing. The sides were good at Cagneys but the steak was just OK.

Next I’ll comment on the pool. It’s chaos, plain and simple. Only two small pools which get extremely crowded with four hot tubs in-between. It was like sardines in a can.

We had a balcony cabin which was small but fine. Adeline kept it clean but my wife had to ask for towel animals. I thought towel animals were made on all cruises? They even have a towel animal walking around to pose for pictures but no towel animals unless you complain? Strange to say the least.

Activities were lacking to say the least, unless you want to pay $25 a card for deal or no deal or at least $39 for bingo. Both are total money grabs. There isn’t much to do on this ship, this was more of a booze cruise.

Shore excursions are terribly overpriced. We booked ours through an outside agency and saved 50%.

With this being my first experience with Norwegian, I can not see myself cruising with them again. Carnival was actually a much better experience. There was not much to do for our 14 year old aboard the ship. I almost forgot to mention the cruise director Jacky. Or should I say Houdini because he was no where to be found besides calling Deal or No Deal.

Between the food, servers and bartenders who always looked miserable, ship, lack or entertainment, a casino with outdated machines and a poker tournament that was an absolute joke, I would not take this cruise again even if it was free.

Pts6203's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin was adequate but bathroom was very small

Freeport

Snorkeling in Pardise Cove was ok. Nothing great

Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience

Swimming with the dolphins was great. Do yourself a favor and book the swim and not the experience. It’s worth the extra money. Also save a lot of money by booking direct.

View All 108 Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Reviews