3. Avalon Impression
We sailed on the Impression, but our Journey started several days earlier with an extension in Salzburg. Tamas was our guide on the ship, and was also our guide in Salzburg. I cannot say enough about how incredible he was. Everything was taken care of for us, and he was always available to answer questions. Our cabin was wonderful for the most part....the last night on board a shorter boat docked next to our boat, and as we had the last cabin, the other boat's exhaust pumped into our cabin. That was disconcerting and a bit concerning, but was the only negative thing I can say. The food was wonderful, and I loved that we had so many locally sourced foods. The entertainment was very enjoyable, the ship piano player was fantastic. The duo that got on the boat in Vienna and rode with us for a little while was great! All those that served on the ship were always relaxed and smiling, and served with great skill. The excursions were as advertised, and very enjoyable. The guides were knowledgeable and for the most part, very good at keeping those on the tour interested. The one poor guide was a lady in Grein who told us the same things over and over again interspersed with 'I don't know what else to tell you." I am not sure if she is inexperienced, or if she was uninterested. Overall, this was one of the best vacations of our lives, and a great way to celebrate our 30th anniversary!

Spectacular

connielam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Impression price drops

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin B 232
Roomier than anticipated, and we adored the wall of windows. We spent a lot of time sitting at the window and looking out.
Sapphire Deck Suite Cabins