3. MSC Poesia
Have done one previous Cruise on Carnival in the Caribbean. My review is thus going to be comparison to that one. Things I liked more about this cruise. They do less announcements as Carnival would be woken up with announcements about going to shore and things going on that day. This one kept announcements to minimum though did take awhile due to being in 5 languages. This could be plus or minus but there are limited English speakers and fewer Americans. They do sit you with same language speaker I dinner. We had sets since cruise we were in embarked at both Copenhagen and Warnemünde. Found music entertainers better as guitarist at wine bar I found had wider rep than piano bar singer on other cruise. Classical musicians and opera singers at pre dinner area were good. Found steward service top notch as they would get into room quickly to clean during 30 minutes we were at breakfast or lunch. Did excursions through this one as did not through previous cruise as found them more interesting though that might be due to location as company. Things that were worst. Found food subpar. Food was not bad but just did not excel. Only have one specialty restaurant a sushi bar that seemed mostly empty. I live in big city where can get sushi easily. If I was them switch it to a tepanayjki or Brazilian style steakhouse place as those are popular. The entertainment was dancers not comedians which is understandable due to language issues. Went twice and seemed the same except change of costume and music as dance moves very similar. Things that were similar Rooms was nice as standard balcony style room. Had aft on previous cruise so balcony was big enough to stretch out on and this was regular balcony so just chairs. Both were pre 2010 ships so did not have all the specialty dining and freestyle eating that more modern ships do. They also were not the new 4000 plus person mega ships so no water slides etc. Had some issues with internet and room. The room I booked and confirmed on travel sure was not one I got with both sides blaming other party. Will see if get those resolved after cruise so will hold out judgement until then on those issues.

2nd time cruiser

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Bcconws

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica

Things I liked more about this cruise.

Things that were worst.

Things that were similar

Bcconws’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Poesia price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 11201
Decent size room with comfy bed. Liked had pillow choice including a tempurpedic liked curved pillow. Ship moves a lot for size so if get sea sick get lower cabin.
Leopardi Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins