• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Carnival Liberty Review

Editor Rating
16 Awards

I don't believe the level of passenger satisfaction is as high.

Review for Carnival Liberty to the Bahamas
Jack Skellington
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Interior

We got this cruise 2 days before it left and got the last room on the ship. We got #7335 which is listed as a handicap room and it is. The doors are on the side and both doors are 36" wide and the bathroom is very large. I didn't bring my mobility scooter because we were not sure the size of the room doors. There was enough room inside to put the scooter and access to a charging port. The crew is very helpful but I do not believe there are enough on the boat. It was like finding a salesperson in Lowes. We had many guests that were very rude and loud in the halls at all hours and no one helped. The battery in our door lock failed and it took 25 minutes to get someone there to replace it. Guy's Burger Bar is a new addition and they were very good burgers and fries. The pizza was not real tasty. The dining room food was good but in very small portions. We had 5 small shrimp in our appetizer the first two nights, and the last night we had larger shrimp, but only 3. The day in Bahamas was not great. Rain, the port walkways did not drain and were flooded, the tour bus was really small and cramped for me. The day at the private island was washed out by noon because of a major rain storm and everyone got soaked coming back to the ship. We enjoyed ourselves because we do not rely on any else entertaining us. We did our thing and the trip overall was good.

Interior

Cabin 4D

36" doors make it accessible for a scooter or wheelchair. Still pretty tight inside. Bathroom was nice and large.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Parking is pretty simple although we went all the way around the parking garage to get in.

2 Helpful Votes