3. Star Princess
The cruise and timing were good, and weather was better than expected despite some rain and cold air. We had no issues with embarkation or disembarkation during our port stops. We were pleasantly surprised at the option to check out luggage in from the ship. This was such a relief and made the return home feel so much lighter having picked up some items at each port. The Dining in the dining rooms was better than the buffet the only early option of 5 PM was too early. It put a rush on our timing back from visiting the ports and other activities on the ship. The food was not as good as I would have liked, and options were lean but the wait staff provided great service and a heart to ensure we were treated well. I needed gluten free and they made sure to get my order the night before so I could be served with the other people at our table. The options and food quality at the buffet were less than desirable. I felt food was overcooked and salty. Omelets were difficult to get, and the process was difficult and long. Waited almost 20 minutes for an omelet on the days the ship was at sea. The shopping experience on board was better than expected. Variety and sale options were good and timed appropriately. Entertainment was okay but music options on board were not good not timing between meals and other activities. Missed a lot trying to navigate between areas and activities. I did enjoy the naturalist and the sled puppies on board. Really heightened the experience of the cruise. We did not take in the “Movies Under the Stars” based on the weather despite having blankets to use which was a nice touch. Cabin was spacious and were cleaned well each day. The excursions took a lot of the time away from just visiting in the port towns but well worth every penny. Learned a lot about Alaska and the environment and climate issues. Loved every minute of Tracy Arms, Whale Watching and the train ride in Skagway. Did our own port town walk Ketchikan and Victoria, both delightful and so much fun to visit.

Alaska

jespy1959’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB B525
Spacious and cleaned well every night.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Tracy Arm Fjord Catamaran
    Breathtaking and beyond my imagination. Everyone needs to visit the glaciers...It will change your view on climate control and how we can do our part in protecting our delicate resources.
    View All 47 Tracy Arm Fjord Catamaran Reviews
  • Whale Watching
    Citizen Science. Loved this small group experience and the guides. Both were exceptional and didn't disappoint with getting the boat close to the whales without impacting them negatively and the identification of those we spotted for this joint project with the University of Alaska.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Ketchikan
    Loved this port and walking around Creek Street. We also visited the Saxman Native Village to see the Totem Poles. We also saw the carving studio and met one of the Carvers - what a pleasant surprise and remarkable experience to visit with him.
    View All 1,784 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    Again, guide and commentator did an excellent job at narration and sharing historical facts along this railway. What an experience. Despite the fog we were able to capture the essence of the path that was forged by miners seeking gold.
    View All 1,104 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Double Decker Bus Tour
    Clean city with lots of history. Didn't get a chance to really visit it as it was the last stop and it started at 5PM the night before disembarkation. Too short and not timed well for a good visit.
    View All 34 Double Decker Bus Tour Reviews