• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Zaandam Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Fantastic food and service!

Review for Zaandam to Canada & New England
dsirotageller
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Large Interior Stateroom

I chose this cruise because of the itinerary. I really wanted to do the east coast of Canada. And the departure from Montreal was very appealing. The destinations did not disappoint. I was totally charmed by the east coast, and will definitely return!

The reason that I felt compelled to write the review was because of the outstanding service and dining on this ship. I have been on many different cruise lines and am an experienced cruiser. Up until this point my favorite cruise line was Celebrity. I have to admit that Holland American Lines lived up to it's hype. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable! I especially want to give a shout out to our dining room staff, Mahendra, Subatra Smith our waiter, and Jonathan our wine steward!

The cabins were larger than I have experienced on other cruise lines, which was a nice surprise. They were also kept spotless by our cabin stewards. The shower allowed enough room to shower and shave comfortably!

Large Interior Stateroom

I have never taken an inside cabin before as I am usually claustrophobic, but that was all that was left. I was pleasantly surprised that it was as spacious as it was!

8 Helpful Votes