3. Celebrity Edge
Tried out this ship for birthday treat. Decided to splash out on two adjoining staterooms this time to avoid having to share bathroom with our teenage daughter! Good move. Had a great time. Infinity staterooms very comfortable. Excellent bed, felt spacious and modern. Daughter loved technology - lights operational by phone etc. Bit torn re having no traditional verandah. Pluses- room bigger; could leave window open and shut inner door. Very private. Minuses - have always picked large verandah on hip of other ships before and I missed the outside space. In an infinity stateroom the verandah is no such thing - it is a cabin wide window where you can open the top bit and that is it. You’re not outside. I missed that. I did see on looking at ship from outside that there are a limited number of traditional verandahs so maybe next time. However wouldn’t put me off ship even if not available. Why? Other things were great. For me I liked being able to charge my phone at bedside port. I especially liked the dual voltage plugs in bespoke plug box. This meant I could use my own powerful British voltage 220V hairdryer on my thick unruly hair - having encountered the eye watering rip-off and variable skills of the onboard hairdressers on other Celebrity ships and the useless in room hairdryer, I wasn’t looking forward to this aspect, but with new power points, no worries . Wardrobe space and other storage was very good for a cruise ship. I always take extra hangers but ship was for once well supplied. The food was the best I have had on Celebrity. High quality and beautifully presented. We loved the ability to dine free at four different restaurants as well as buffet. We preferred Cyprus to our initially selected restaurant but with select dining, it was no problem to switch. We found staff there by far the most pleasant. Another very positive aspect was the way they handled our daughter’s nut allergy. She was asked which restaurant we were dining at the following evening and the waiter brought her the menu. She then placed her order for the following evening and we were told that even if we changed our minds about the selected restaurant and regardless of the time we pitched up, that order would follow her. They even provided her with a personal bread basket. Absolutely excellent service. As it happened we made it easier on them by mainly dining in Cyprus about eight every evening. Overall, all staff on ship were the best we’ve encountered on a Celebrity ship. They seemed happier - efficient and courteous without servility - a sign of good management and well selected teams - and I didn’t suffer the same passenger guilt at being waited on by other nationalities as I have before. The staff at the ice cream counter are always miserable though - very odd. Maybe the ship needs to rotate them more often if it’s a tough gig! The ship resembled the Eclipse and Equinox class ships but seemed cozy and welcoming given its size. The designers have built in lots of discrete seating areas and it was always possible to find a quiet corner. I particularly enjoyed the rooftop open air lounge area with cinema screen. Eden was also lovely. Heard beautiful singer there one evening. Enjoyed a couple of things in theatre. Waiter service there excellent. First Celebrity cruise I have been on where I’ve been approached to ask if we’d like something rather than queuing at a bar. Summer cruises tend to be busy! Destinations good. Celebrity tours where selected good as usual. In conclusion, I would like to go on another cruise on this ship.

Edge had the edge

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by Venicelover

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

Destinations good. Celebrity tours where selected good as usual.

In conclusion, I would like to go on another cruise on this ship.
Venicelover’s Full Rating Summary