Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Kimpope10

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Inside

My family and I wanted to take a end of the summer vacation together. We cruised August 16-19th. We honestly decided to cruise Norwegian because of the open bar, because we normally cruise Royal Caribbean but drink packages for 20 is a tad expensive. Norwegian open bar was really not worth it the staff was so rude and made the guest feel unwelcome like we were annoying them.

The food on the ship was disappointing. A lot of the food was like hospital food with little flavor. The service from the staff was horrible. The majority of the staff including the bartenders and waiters was that they appeared to be annoyed by the guests and seem to have a careless attitude about providing good service.

I have travelled on other cruise lines so I understand what quality customer service is and it was not there on this trip. When I would approach a staff member with a simple question no one ever seem to have an answer and the majority of the staff was not able to communicate basic english to answer questions like “where is the bathroom”? Or “what time are we scheduled to be at our next destination?”

We upgraded one of our rooms to a balcony and it wasn’t worth it. The room was so tight that you literally had to jump over one bed to get in the room. I really wish I had a picture of that mess.

Also, before cruising I was told I had to put a $300 hold per room. I did not have to do that my room key was disabled from making purchases which was fine I did not want to make any purchases. So if your wondering I set my payment to cash on checkin and never went to the service desk to change it. No $300 hold and cards disabled.

For smokers they don’t sell Newport’s so don’t run out.

Based on this experience this will most likely be our last cruise with Norwegian.

Kimpope10's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin IF 4101

My cabin we fine it was actually better than a family members balcony cabin.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

The Port staff was super helpful they went above and beyond. They set the tone for the rest of the staff and unfortunately I was extremely disappointed after disembarking from Port Canaveral.

Great Stirrup Cay

The island was beautiful but the staff was same as the boat. They all seemed annoyed and bothered by questions.

Nassau

Half the buildings had no power when we got there so most would not let use in.

Kimpope10