3. Grand Princess
We spent 10 luxurious days on this beautiful ship and we've already booked another Alaskan cruise for next August. We chose this ship because we live about 20 minutes away, and it was easy for my whole family to get to the dock. Embarkation was fast and easy. The moment we stepped on board we were greeted by hospitable crew members everywhere. I had no idea what to expect and the customer service was by far the best I've experienced anywhere. The ship is large, and even with 10 days we still didn't have enough time to explore the whole thing. We went with our two kids so most of our time onboard was spent in the swimming pools! Our mini-suite was fabulous and very cozy. My husband and I had a queen bed and the girls had a bunk bed. We also had a balcony which made our experience even more lovely. We were able to really appreciate the beauty of the Alaskan coast this way, and always having fresh air in the room was lovely. Dining in the buffet was easy and quick. They have plenty of options for everyone. Basic but tasty. We had traditional seating dinners at the Botticelli dining room and I looked forward to it every night. Our waiter, Carlos, was incredible and knew all of our names by the 2nd night. He knew that I liked a cup of coffee after dinner and I didn't even need to ask for it, it just appeared. The head waiter Lofti was very charming, friendly and helpful. He was happy to help us with our food preferences (low salt for my Dad and gluten-free for me) and always made us feel cared for. I hope to see both of them again on our next cruise. The food was delicious and gorgeous to look at (especially the deserts). There was plenty of seafood and lovely appetizers as well. My favorite dish was the quail and venison terrine. Our room service steward was Jimmy. He really made us feel at home and was available to help with anything we wanted. He was able to make up the room in 10 minutes flat, and that included towel animals! My girls, unfortunately, got a virus during the last 4 days, and he brought us anything we wanted, which was nice since we were pretty much stuck in the room. The only thing I would change is the location of our room. We were in D725, which is right above the engine, so there was a lot of shaking and rattling going on through the night, especially when we went into a port. I kept waking up thinking we were having an earthquake. Besides that, it was an awesome trip. Thank you, Grand Princess! Until we meet again next year!

So much fun that we already booked another!

Grand Princess Cruise Review by Miss Monika

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Thank you, Grand Princess! Until we meet again next year!
Miss Monika’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD d725
Cozy, clean and comfortable for our family of 4.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Gardens/Hatchery
    The hatchery was very fun for my kids. Seeing the hundreds of salmon try to make their way up the ramps was great, as well as the huge tanks of literally thousands of baby fish! There is a small aquarium inside that included large fish and crabs, as well as sea anemones, sea cucumbers, starfish and nudibranchs. There was also a touch pool where you can handle some of the animals. We got there easily by taxi.
    View All 60 Gardens/Hatchery Reviews
  • Lumberjack Show
    Thie exceeded my expectations! Very fun! Sexy lumberjacks!
    View All 298 Lumberjack Show Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    This was my favorite excursion of the trip. The train took us several thousand feet up into the mountains on the Yukon Railroad. The scenery was breathtaking and learning about the history of the railroad was very interesting. We had a tour guide who was full of information. It was a nice, long ride. They provided waters.
    View All 1,085 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews