3. Celebrity Edge
Embarkation went extremely quickly on the Edge. We did the check in through the app and got the express pass. It took no more than five minutes to go through security and get on the ship. We went to our stateroom and the sea pass cards were waiting in the mail slot outside of the room. The ship is gorgeous and there are many venues to hang out in and explore. I would recommend checking out the show in Eden. It is a little eclectic, but the performers are very talented. The aerialist show in the club is also fanatic. The evening shows are not to miss and are very high energy. The silent disco is always fun. There is a game show every night in the club, but I was disappointed that the newly wed game show wasn't offered! There are four dinning rooms with various themes. If you do my time dinning, you can eat at any of these restaurants for dinner without a reservation. Filet mignon can be requested even if it's not on the menu. Eden has a fee for dinner, but make sure to check out their lunch offerings. There is also a cafe that charges for coffee and drinks, but the desserts in the window are complimentary. The captain's circle party includes complimentary drinks if you are a returning Celebrity passenger. We originally booked an E4 balcony stateroom. We were in 6283 and unfortunately it's located directly above the Eden outdoor cafe seating area. This area is open all the time and is also a designated smoking area. We like to sleep with the balcony window open and could not sleep because of loud chatter from the seating area below. We could also hear the singers from Eden. We switched to 6169, but it was located directly above the club. While we could sleep with the balcony open, the vibrations from the club were a little annoying since it was all night long. I would just recommended staying away from deck 6 staterooms. The staterooms were beautiful, modern, and had a ton of storage. The bathrooms were also a nice size. I didn't really like the shampoo and conditioner offered as it didn't lather up my hair (maybe it's an eco friendly thing), so if you like quality products, bring your own. I wish the beds were a little softer as they are pretty firm, but after a long day of exploring ports, it's not very noticeable. Celebrity does little things to go above and beyond. They are one of the only cruise lines that still place a chocolate on the pillows at night. When you arrive back to the ship every day, several flavors of water, cold towels, and a snack are passed out. In Monte Carlo about half of the ship's passengers disembarked via tender before the seas got rough. The captain tried moving the ship around to decrease the waves and start tendering again, but was unable to safely do so. He ended up moving the ship 8 miles away to Nice, France and Celebrity chartered buses to bring everyone from Monte Carlo back to the ship. It was only a 20-30 min bus ride, but I'm sure a logistical nightmare for Celebrity! It was handled very well with constant updates and a happy hour discount was offered. Disembarkation went pretty smoothly as well. We were given a luggage tag for a time earlier than we needed to be off the ship, so we went to guest services and exchanged it for a later time. We placed our luggage outside the night before and it was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We took the free port shuttle in Civitavecchia to the entrance and got a transfer to the airport that was much cheaper than Celebrity's transfer.

Fantastic cruise, great service, recommendation on stateroom location

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by Animalgirl27

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E4 6169
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
    Booked a walking tour with Guru Walk. Had a very bad experience with the ship's charted shuttle service company. I would recommend taking the port shuttle which is slightly cheaper with the same pick up and drop off locations.
    View All 24 Gothic Quarter Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Booked with Guru Walk and had a nice tour. Then took the train to Herculaneum. Check their website as there are several days throughout the year where the entrance is free!
    View All 64 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Booked a city tour with Guru Walk. The city is very clean and very beautiful.
    View All 64 City Tour Reviews