3. Carnival Sunshine
This was mine and my friends second cruise on Carnival Sunshine. We first sailed with Sunshine in May 2017. Last month, we went on Sunshine to celebrate my goddaughters 13th birthday. We are extremely disappointed with just about every aspect of the cruise. I wanted to give it a second chance, especially with Charleston, SC port being it’s new home and also where I live. However, we found the entertainment lacking. Understandably, mother nature cannot be controlled however it would be nice if activities that were planned for outside could have been moved indoors in order to continue to keep guests entertained, as that is part of what they are paying for. The bars and restaurants are understaffed. There were several times where we had to wait for over 20 minutes to simply receive the drink we had ordered. We had purchased the drink package but ended up feeling like it was not worth the money we paid due to the extreme wait times at the bar. The staff in the dining room was not exceptionally friendly, especially compared to previous cruises we have been on. We were often the last to get served as well as the last table to leave due to inattention and lack of service. Another example of our frustration during our cruise occurred when we were ordering photo reprints. We were given a set time by the staff to pick them up. When I went to do so, I gave the gentleman working my two receipts and was handed an envelope. It wasn’t until after the cruise when I got home that I noticed that he did not give us one of our orders. To say how disappointing and frustrating this was is an understatement. When contacting Carnival customer service, we made them aware of this situation with the photos. They advised me that they hold paid items for 30 days and would put in a work order but I would have to pay the $20 for postage. First off, it does not cost $20 to mail 2 photos. Second, why should I spend any more of my own money when it was your mistake to begin with and I have already paid for what is rightfully mine? This is absurd. The children’s camp is also lacking, especially for kids 12-14. My goddaughter was bored and not entertained and would not stay for the camp for any length of time. When we cruised on Carnival Ecstasy we couldn’t pull her away from camp! Perhaps Sunshine should take notes from Ecstasy and other cruise ships who offer far more for your money when it comes to entertainment, customer service, and overall experience. The one positive interaction we had was with our room steward who was truly amazing, named Jaypee. He always spoke to us by our names, asked if we needed anything and was willing to answer any question we had. He went above and beyond to bring us tape to decorate our room for the birthday celebration as well as many other examples of doing what he could to ensure the best vacation possible for us. He deserves to be acknowledged for his outstanding customer service. Other than Jaypee, we are extremely disappointed with the outcome of our experience of our time on Carnival Sunshine. What could you do to make this experience better? Send me the pictures I bought free of any type of shipping charge, and issue a refund for the drink package of our expensive or something else to compensate for the lack of service received. We would be open to cruising with Carnival again but it most definitely will not be on Sunshine .

Disappointment