3. Star Princess
We did the same cruise Sep 2017 and loved it, so we came back with friends this time. The positives were easy boarding process, friendly staff, beautiful fjords, cool ports, great excursions, good food and fun entertainment on board. The ship was clean and had plenty of room to spread out. I'd recommend splurging on a balcony room; the views are stunning. We got to the fjords at 5 am and it's nice to watch the beauty from our own balcony. Great photo opportunities too. We enjoyed game shows and trivia at night and Gary the cruise director is hilarious. The shows and the bands were excellent. There were lots of food choices at the buffet and the main dining room was good too, although I'd have preferred a few more choices there. Overall a great experience! The one reason I didn't give it 5 stars was a spa visit. The massage itself was great and reasonably priced but the aggressive up-sell tactics took away any relaxation from it. Even when I explained that a massage was the only splurge I was going to make, I was still presented with a package of other procedures that I could "save" money on. After I declined, the expensive lotions were presented, along with reasons why I really needed them. Again no thanks. Finally I was told that my massage experience included a free consultation with a doctor before I could check out. The doctor was very nice and I'm sure she was knowledgeable but I had to reiterate that I wasn't interested in botox or fillers for wrinkles. I spent over $150 including tip and felt like I had to repeatedly justify not spending triple that or more. That will be my last spa experience with Princess. But otherwise, the cruise was seamless and the Alaska itinerary is beautiful and amazing! Highly recommend this cruise!

Fantastic ship, great ports, beautiful scenery, fun trip!

Star Princess Cruise Review by Carpentert