3. Ruby Princess
This was our first week long cruise and our first to Alaska. It was wonderful The staff on the ship is amazing. So polite and accommodating. We did not find one person that wasn't willing to help. Service staff is everywhere. Others have complained about the service but I cannot imagine what their problem was. We did not have to wait long for anything. And my daughter was always looking to fill her drink and they were just too happy to do it. Many of them began to recognize and remember her and stopped asking for her key card because they knew she was on the drink plan. (It is not good that bottled water is not included in the drink plan. I gave that feedback to Princess as well as several staff members on board. Shows and entertainment are good. Again, staff is extremely polite, funny and accommodating. I'm not sure if some people think these should be full-on broadway shows but they were very funny and entertaining. Food is generally good with some bright spots (SHARE and Crown Grill) and some low spots (Pizza is atrocious). Buffet was better than average and main dining was also good. Dining staff is incredibly attentive. Excursions were great. We took a trip to an Iditarod training camp and it was great! Our bus driver gave us great recommendations for food in Juneau and we settled on Deckhand Dave's. Great Fish Taco's!! Be advised, Food in Alaska is not cheap no matter where you eat. 3 Fish Taco's were $17. The Photo Caravan Safari Tour in Ketchikan was by far our favorite tour. Felix was our guide and he was amazing. Absolutely worth every penny. The White Pass Train ride in Skagway was not what we expected. It was very expensive and they only feed you turkey sandwiches and chips. We opted for the longer ride at the encouragement of the ships excursion staff and it was not worth it. I would take the shorter ride and do something else in town as well. Overall, we had a wonderful trip. Every stop was amazing. Victoria BC, Glacier National Park were also great!! It was a decent value for the money and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Trip to Alaska!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by ridenslide1

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

It was a decent value for the money and I would recommend it.
ridenslide1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB B505
Wonderful accommodations. Beds were super comfortable. The bunk drops out of the ceiling which took some getting used to. But you don't have to worry about doing it yourself. The staff puts it away every morning and drops it down at night. Wonderful balcony views in the middle of the ship. Very convenient access to everything. My only complaint is the WiFi service is awful So slow.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins