Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review
1,968 Reviews

Lots of fun on a family trip

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by squick64

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Ocean View

I traveled on this cruise with my (extended) family, including 2 children. We had a great time. The kids loved the buffet, and one enjoyed the kids' club and the sushi classes. I took the other on the "all access" tour--it was expensive as heck, but I don't regret spending the money.

The food at the buffet was good, especially the curries. The MDR did a decent lunch and an elaborate-looking buffet.

My cabin was nice--the porthole window was great. My steward was attentive and nice--I actually ran into him "too" often because the facilities he needed were close by. He always seemed to be standing in the corridor when I went to my cabin.

The shows were all wonderful, although the comedians were a 7 out of 10 at best.

Labadee was fantastic. Maho Beach was theoretically very good, but that excursion didn't go terribly well for me in a few ways.

All of the members of my party took issue with the safety video at muster, with one going so far as to address it with an officer. I really hope Royal does something about it. It's a waste of time AND doesn't impart the needed safety information. It fails in every way.

Another member of my party was upset at being unable to book our group into dinner (MDR) a good 3 or 4 days in advance. Someone else went to Guest Services over it and got it fixed, leading to the first person being even more upset that it seemed to be about who you know or "who" is asking--in other words, why deny the first request and then have another crew member override it? People shouldn't have to go to Guest Services for a simple dinner reservation.

Embarkation went fine. The transfer to and from the airport also went fine.

I was on Symphony of the Seas not long before this one, and they were pretty indistinguishable. I'd be happy to sail on either one again if it fit my plans and needs.

squick64's Full Rating Summary

Studio Ocean View
Cabin 2O 4678

The cabin was a decent size with a very nice porthole window. Of course, it's a studio, so it's not huge and doesn't have a sofa, but it's perfectly fine for one person--or two people who really don't mind being in each other's way.

Beach

My personal experience was a bit sub-par for various reasons, but the excursion itself was good.

Labadee

Great little island with fantastic facilities

squick64