• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cmnewnham
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin:

My mother wanted to do another river cruise (our first was the Rhone in France) and I selected the Douro based on my friends' many visits to Portugal. It was lovely. Although my mother has limited mobility, the staff went out of their way to make sure my mother and I really enjoyed the trip. The entertainment and activities were great, the cabin was a generous size, especially the balcony. We enjoyed the deck, we met some lovely people, tasted some great food. My mother is already wondering if we will do another river cruise.

To top it off, I had a medical emergency on the last day - the staff looked after everything, including contacting my travel agent and my family member, and keeping an eye on my mother. When I was back on ship, our butler pretty much packed everything for us and the staff made sure we caught our flight the next day. That went far beyond my expectations.

Cabin BJ

Spacious and comfortable. Whenever we requested additional items, they were provided.

Port Reviews

Pinhao

Guide helped my mother move around, gave lovely detailed descriptions of the areas, and answered all the questions.

Find a cruise